HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   new string and cables..Price? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/265254-new-string-cables-price.html)

joker80p 09-27-2008 04:01 PM

new string and cables..Price?

My bow string is over stretched and ready for a new string and new cables. What kind of price am i looking at?? I have someone that can put them on if it is worth getting the strings myself..what strings do i look for?

IroquoisArcher 09-29-2008 08:11 PM

RE: new string and cables..Price?

It all depends on what you want. At our shop we can get Winners Choice and it usually runs about $90.00 installed for strings and cables and takes a few days if not in stock. Or we can make them and it runs about $70.00 installed. Use the same materials and pre-stretched and usually can have it done that day or the next depending on how busy it is at the time. Hope this gives a very basic idea.

joker80p 09-29-2008 08:40 PM

thats not that bad.. I got a quote from a local guy today. Its a small in his basement type of shop but he had the string and cables in stock and gave me a price of around $125 give or take plus what ever add ons. I have been trying to get in at the local gandermountain but they have about a week wait.Bad time to need something so close to the bow season here in NY

jbowersox 09-29-2008 09:08 PM

I just got some from H&M Bowstrings for $55. So far I'm happy with them. He is very busy right now, but they are great strings for a great price.

Flboarhunter 09-29-2008 11:01 PM

Had mine restrung a few months ago, $95 green and brown to match the bow!

OHbowhntr 09-30-2008 04:37 AM

New strings $60, installation at my local archery shop, $7-10 including re-serving my peep and everything.

joker80p 09-30-2008 08:13 AM

sounds like i have to find a different place to get my work done then. I thought he sounded a little high especially after he told me that the string was 20 and the cables were 30. So he will be getting around 75 plus for the work. I think i will take my chances with sending it to gander mountain for a week. I think they charge 10 to install the string and 8 for the cables.So i would think after everything is done unless they charge alot to reset my knock, peep,kisser and line everything back up i should be right around 100 or less

KodiakArcher 09-30-2008 11:09 AM

For $125 you could buy your own string, cables and a field press then learn to install them yourself and never have to pay for it again. I spent a couple hundred dollars on making a string jig and materials so that I could learn to make them myself; money well spent.

Virginia Archer 10-01-2008 07:33 PM

Ours generally run about $68 bucks unless you get all the bells and whistles, like Halo served Rollerguard then it's alittle more!

Check us out... www.Rocksolidstrings.com