Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Replacing a limbsaver >

Replacing a limbsaver

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Replacing a limbsaver

Old 09-27-2008, 11:45 AM
Spike

Default Replacing a limbsaver

This is my first year bow hunting andmy bow is an old second hand High Country Force. Shoots pretty darn well and obviously have no complaints since I've never shot anything else.

Anyways heres my problem, during my last practice session one of my limbsavers fell off. I'm assuming thats the name for it. Its a little plastic nub with limbsaver written over the top. Before shotting again I attempted to glue back on but to no avail. I then went back to practicing and the bow is shooting fine.

Should I go down to the pro shop and get another one put on?Or will it survive without one? I can't imagine that cheap little plastic knob really doing that much. I really plan on only using this bow for this season so would it survive until then?

Any help would beappreciated.

Thanks
Ben
Old 09-27-2008, 03:40 PM

Default RE: Replacing a limbsaver

They are made to reduce noise and vibration. Yes, your bow will survive just fine. You probably didn't notice a difference in noise or vibration once it fell off but they are supposed to help. You can pick them up at Walmart or any other sporting goods store. They have 3M adhesive on the back so you don't have to get a proshop to replace it. You can do it yourself. Simple.

Good luck this season.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:22 PM
Spike

Default RE: Replacing a limbsaver

Had one fall off years ago, a little super glur worked fine for me. stayed on till i got rid of the bow. a 2 part epoxy will work too.