Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 QAD Ultra rest / HCA Speed Force Problems >

QAD Ultra rest / HCA Speed Force Problems

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

QAD Ultra rest / HCA Speed Force Problems

Old 09-24-2008, 07:56 PM

Default QAD Ultra rest / HCA Speed Force Problems

I think I've tried everything and still cannot prevent fletching contact w/ the launcher arm. I spoke w/ Drew at QAD and he made a couple of recommendations and unfortunately they didn't work.
Does anyone have any experience w/ this combination (QAD Ultra Pro Series and HCA Speed Force)?
I never had an issue w/ this rest on my Switchback, but now that I've put it on my HCA I can't stop knocking blazers off. Talk about frustrated!!!
I've tried-
-moving the anchor point(on the downward cable) from just behind the rest to just below the serving
-setting the tension so that the rest is loaded at the back wall and 2" before the back wall
-making sure the launcher arm is not bouncing back off of the shelf
Hang on while I bang my head against something...

Thanks for any help-Brian
BTW..I did try calling HCA and never got a return call. I'll try them again tomorrow.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: QAD Ultra rest / HCA Speed Force Problems

I take it you are using either the LD or HD Ultra Rest correct?

I shoot an HCA Iron Mace (2007), and I use an Ultra Rest LD model. I haven't had any issues at all with it. If you have the LD and you are getting bounce back, then something is broken in the rest, because the LD has that second spring that locks it down... which is what LD stands for.. Lock Down. HD has the same thing. The Hunter model does not have that feature, and it can and will bounce back.

Are you getting bounce back contact.... such as having vane plasic on the face of the launcher arm and getting black streaking on the underside of your hen feathers? Or is the rest not dropping at all and blasting both your hen feathers off? Knowing exactly where it is contacting will probably help diagnose the situation and lead to a solution.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

i have the same issues with blazers on my Hoyt, espically when i crank the draw weight up. I can see the contact on the face of the launcher arm. Its not effecting my shots though which amazes me but I can see the contact on the bottom/face of the arm. Ive moved mine 50 ways and changed nock height with the same results. It shoots good, but I just dont like the contact. Im going to try 3inch vanes to see if it stops hitting
Old 09-25-2008, 01:29 PM

I never could get my QAD to work on my BowTech Old Glory no matter what I did but it works great on my Hoyt UltraTec. Some setup combinations just don't like each other for one reason or another.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Crazyfarmer

i have the same issues with blazers on my Hoyt, espically when i crank the draw weight up. I can see the contact on the face of the launcher arm. Its not effecting my shots though which amazes me but I can see the contact on the bottom/face of the arm. Ive moved mine 50 ways and changed nock height with the same results. It shoots good, but I just dont like the contact. Im going to try 3inch vanes to see if it stops hitting
Crazy did you switch to the TL-1 launcher that they put in the package? It is dang near a requirement on Hoyts because they tend to kick nock low.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:58 PM
Fork Horn

swamp, thats what I have on her now. When i cranked the draw weight up to 70 you could see the yellow vane marks down the face. Perfect line of the vane I called QAD and they said move the cable clamp down some and adjust knock height. Ive done both and still get some contact off and on. But nothing that effects POI. I just see the every now and then rub mark. Maybe I torque the bow on some shots or do something wrong in drawing. Its not a big issue since everythings shooting great. Ill play with it more after season. I'm still going to try shorter vanes to see if it does away with all the contact
Old 09-25-2008, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are you shooting cock vane up or down? If its down that can cause contact. Also if you move the rest forward, that would give it a tad more time to drop out of the way of your fletches. If you have it all the way back it has to drop faster to clear. Are you using a string loop? Some people shoot with a release connecting directly to the string under the nock, and that will cause the nock end of your arrow to kick down as it releases.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

im not sure i know what you mean about the release connecting below the nock. I shoot a loop and from what I can tell my release is in perfect line with the knock of the arrow at full draw
Old 09-25-2008, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had the same problem with mine. Turned out I was dropping my arm when I was shooting causing contact.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:04 PM

My problem may be from bounce back. I have the 05 model and don't know if it has the lock down feature. Unfortunately(to my pocket), I think I will be replacing the QAD w/ a SpotHogg Whammy.
Properly loading the QAD rest 1-2" before full draw causes what little valley there is w/ the Speed Force to dissappear. Thats not an issue w/ the Whammy,becausethe rest cord is slack at full draw.
Thanks for the input.

Quick Reply: QAD Ultra rest / HCA Speed Force Problems

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.