Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

I NEED HELP ASAP

Old 09-25-2008, 12:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I NEED HELP ASAP

ORIGINAL: XXXL Bowhunter

OHbowhntr,
Thanks for the link to AT...Now, I will be able to BH tune witha lot less trouble than otherwise. I am new to this so links like you gave are a GREAT help.

Andrew,
Not a problem!!! Any time I can help somebody so they don't have to learn the HARD WAY, which is pretty much how I learned everything in hunting and archery over the last 17-18yrs, I'll readily do it. That's one of the best step-by-step walk through's I've seen and I put it out there because it is such a good one for someone to learn on.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

they are beeman 400s I honestly dont understand why it would be diffrent... why would I change rest then everything is off. I would have no sight string and rest alignment. im so confused.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cowboy4513

they are beeman 400s I honestly dont understand why it would be diffrent... why would I change rest then everything is off. I would have no sight string and rest alignment. im so confused.
First, I think you need to check fletch clearance!!!! Then I'd start looking to see if you need to bump the rest. If you have a clearance problem, you NEED TO FIX THAT FIRST, before you even consider anything else. Once you are COMPLETELY sure you have NO fletching contact, then start looking elsewhere.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Alright I will right when I get home tomorrow night. thanks Doug!
Old 09-25-2008, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cowboy4513

Alright I will right when I get home tomorrow night. thanks Doug!
No problem Seth, I know how frustrating it can be, and this little thing we call the internet can help us solve so many problems and pick the brains of so many. I wish it had been around 15-20yrs ago when I was trying to learn how to hunt, then trying to figure out how to shoot a bow, etc. Hell, I shot 2212's with 125gr BH's out of a 70# bow with fingers pulling 31"!!!! And let me tell you, I destroyed those things in short order also. I hit a target at 3D shoot one time and the rest of the arrow snapped off and went sailing through the woods. Maybe 18 targets in, I'd destroyed ALL 6 arrows I had with me. After the people behind us saw the first couple snap, people started "flinching when I drew the bow!!!! Nobody ever told me I was shooting an arrow meant for a bow with about 25# less draw weight. I'm surprised none of my buddies or myself were ever injured!!!!