Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 We Need a Basic Tune-up How To...Please >

We Need a Basic Tune-up How To...Please

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

We Need a Basic Tune-up How To...Please

Old 09-29-2008, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: We Need a Basic Tune-up How To...Please

Paper tuning is a great way to drive yourself insane. Unless you use perfect form on every shot you will get errors. Personally, I prefer French tuning over anything. It's a more exact science than walk-back in my opinion Walk-back is great for left to right issues but doesnot address vertical. I started doing that last year and haven't had to "broadhead tune" my bow yet. Anyone interested can email me with an addy that I can send PDF attachments to.

As far as a bunch of the other tuning issuesI think people get way too carried away. Yes, depending on bow you should have it in tune. However, I read a lot on here about synchronizing binary cams and to me it's a waste of time. My bow shoots extremely well and I've never worried about that beyond making sure the dots are close. I've had target shooters compliment me on my ability with my bow and even tell me to enter competitions so my bow must be good enough.

I thinkif you get too carried away you will always think it's the bow and not the Indian that is at fault for poor shooting. A good shot can take a terrible bow and still shoot well with it. Whereas, a guy who barely shoots or has poor form blames his great bow for his poor shooting.