Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 "Pro" said: "Blazers a waste of time."  True??? >

"Pro" said: "Blazers a waste of time." True???

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

"Pro" said: "Blazers a waste of time." True???

Old 09-22-2008, 03:56 PM

Default "Pro" said: "Blazers a waste of time." True???

So, I had a supposed "pro" shooter, who works at our archery shop, tell me that, basically my entire setup was crap.

He didn't like my single pin sight, my Whisker Biscuit, my string dampeners, my d-loop and nock sets (tied in exactly as posted on this forum), my Diamond Marquis (his Hoyt Katera is sooo much faster)...I thinkhe eveninsulted my mother somewhere in the mix, and he stated that Blazers do not work and are simply a marketing ploy, especially straight fletched like mine are.

I personally have had great success with the Blazers. I understand that a helical will stabilize an arrow more quickly, especially with a broadhead, because of the spin, but a fletching with a helical through a WB is not the greatest thing. To my thinking, any spin caused by the helical would be stopped or at least severely lessened by passing through a WB's bristles. Also, energy would be lost because of the increased fletching contact, as opposed to a straight fletch passing through the bristles with minimal contact.

Am Imistaken in my analysis, or am I just aggrevated by someone, pro or not, who just insulted everything about my setup?

Thanks,
Andrew
Old 09-22-2008, 04:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: "Pro" said: "Blazers a waste of time." True???

Take what the so called "Pro" said with a grain of salt

Just say "hmmmm ok whatever" and walk away
Old 09-22-2008, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot my blazers through a WB and use a right helical. The benefit of helical fletched arrows is the fact that it promotes spin, as you pointed out. However, the cause of the spin is the friction w/ the air after the arrow is released. The 5 to 6 inches between string and restwon't reduce the amount of spin you get. I also feel that the helical doesn't cause enough extra friction w/ the WB to be detrimental to the shot. Blazers are only 2" long and the helical w/ 2" worth of vane to work with is very slight. I can understand where your coming from though.

As for the other stuff.... That's all personal preference. If you're comfortable with your setup and you're shooting it well, then you don't need to change anything. Always remember, the guy behind the counter gets paid when you buy something.

Unless they point out specific safety issues w/ your bow, "take it with a grain of salt" like Kanga said.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

LMAO at the pro!! LOL I don't see anything wrong with your setup, yes, I prefer drop away but there is nothing wrong with the WB. LOL
Old 09-22-2008, 05:49 PM
Typical Buck

Oh boy....He should shut his mouth. But, of course, he can't!
Old 09-22-2008, 05:50 PM
Fork Horn

The way I look at it is this...you are the one shooting the bow as it is setup. Does the arrow fly true and hit it's mark when you release it? That is the only thing that matters. It's the old Chevy vs Ford vs Dodge argument. Who gives two cow-pies what some hack thinks about your rigging! Go shoot yourself a big one and bring it in and tell him what you think of his opinion!
Old 09-22-2008, 05:57 PM
Typical Buck

heh...he's a pro. he probably don't like blazers because they won't send him free ones.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:34 PM

I'd tell that "pro" to stick it where the sun don't shine. What a jerk[>:]
Old 09-22-2008, 07:39 PM
Fork Horn

Maybe he is just a, "PRO" at running his mouth. If your setup is laying the smack down on deer, continue to use it.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:40 PM
Fork Horn

Im guessing no one buys anything much from that place either....

some just arent blessed with any sense.. he just wanted you to change your setup and spend more cash at his place

Quick Reply: "Pro" said: "Blazers a waste of time." True???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.