HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   extreme shrink fletch (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/264376-extreme-shrink-fletch.html)

lawson0207 09-22-2008 10:26 AM

extreme shrink fletch

has anyone tried the extreme archery shrink fletch wraps? I had continual problems with my whisker bisket tearing off my other vanes and I was planning on giving these a try to solve my vane problem. (I don't know why my vanes keep tearing, maybe weak glue?) Has anyone had any trouble installing these. Do you shrink them on straight, or with a twist?

ACPOSSETIM 09-22-2008 04:58 PM

RE: extreme shrink fletch

I don't have any experience with the extreme vanes but I am shoothing the NAP quickfletch's with quickspins (they also offer them with the twister vanes, they are a little cheaper) I really like them and have had great luck with durability. Not sure about the extreme's but on the NAP's you DO NOT want to try and twist them just no good way to keep them consistent while twisting.

khawk 09-22-2008 08:51 PM

I have used them and so far, so good. No problem installing them at all. The only thing that I notice is after about 5 or so shots the vane starts to loose its form, not a huge deal but it happens more often than my regular blazers.

BOWHUNTER818 09-23-2008 07:26 AM

Like said before so far so good i have the quick spins on my arrows and have killed deer with them. i have shot through one of the fletchings and she still kept ticking there strong...no doubt about it! As for the TWIST when you take them out of the water give them a LITTLE twist and you will be fine...worth the money in my opinion.

BH818

loganw 09-23-2008 07:15 PM

They work great for me. I couldn't seem to get the vanes to twist to get any helical, but they seem to fly great as is.

vballhntr 09-24-2008 09:45 AM

I recently tried them (Extreme QuickFletch)on my practice arrows and love them. have put about 200-300 shots through them with no problems so far.I am able toproduce a consistant 2-3" group at 30yards. Have not tried them hunting yet...

Steelheader05 05-07-2009 06:28 PM

ORIGINAL: ACPOSSETIM

I don't have any experience with the extreme vanes but I am shoothing the NAP quickfletch's with quickspins (they also offer them with the twister vanes, they are a little cheaper) I really like them and have had great luck with durability. Not sure about the extreme's but on the NAP's you DO NOT want to try and twist them just no good way to keep them consistent while twisting.
I did up a dozen arrows with them and they work great. Extreme make the quick fletch for NAP. same shrink tube just a different vane.

907Alaska 05-17-2009 09:16 PM

I have used them and the NAP's with no problems...YET.
I would say about 300 shots or so.