Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

I need advice

Old 09-17-2008, 08:15 PM

Default I need advice

last week I was shooting my bow and it was sighted in out to fifty yards. went to shoot today and first shot at twenty was ten inches high and so were the next four arrows. I shot at the other distances and was low too. So I adjusted my sights and was back on target. It was starting to get too dark to shoot 40-50 yards so went to ten. I use the same pin for ten and twenty so I shot aiming at the bullseye to see how high it would hit and it hit dead center. I found out that I was low at all ranges. I use a peep sight and no kisser button. I don't know if I need one or if the peep is sliding or maybe it is my ancor point. Any advice on what it could be would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I need advice

It could seriously be anything.

The rest,peep,anchors,limbs,nocking point or even your sight but it would be impossible to diagnose over the net.These are some things to check and see if they are moving but you might want to visit a good shop to see if they can find something wrong with your setup.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with TFOX could be alot of things and a good bow shop will be able to help you out.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Also, if you dont have a bow shop near by, just take it one at a time and dont get in a hurry. Im sure its nothing major??