Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Need Help Timing my Binary Cam Guardian!!! >

Need Help Timing my Binary Cam Guardian!!!

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Need Help Timing my Binary Cam Guardian!!!

Old 09-17-2008, 07:28 PM

Default Need Help Timing my Binary Cam Guardian!!!

I just built my own draw board and checked the timing on my Guardian. I found that the top cam is hitting just a little before my bottom cam. I'm new to the binary cam system. Could someone please tell mewhich cable or combination of cables to twist or untwist to get them to hit together? Will adjusting this throw anything else off? Any details would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 09-17-2008, 09:23 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Need Help Timing my Binary Cam Guardian!!!

Easiest thing to do. If you want to gain a little more poundage, you want to twist the cables to fix this. If your maxed out over 70lbs for 70lb limbs, untwist the cables. Now the easy part. With your bow on the draw board, pull a cable, and see if that fixes you problem. If you see the cam rolling over to equal time, thats the cable you want to twist. And yes, twisting and untwisting cables will throw off your nocking point and if you raise poundage with the fix, it might throw off your rest adjustment depending how much you lower or gain bow wieght.

I myself never understood the draw board thing. Just hang a hook off your ceiling or something solid, and push the bow down watching the cams.

Old 09-18-2008, 03:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good tips BigC.

I don't have a board either but can think of a few reasons it would be good to use one. The first would be to free up your hands to measure things and the second is it allows a person to view the bow at full draw from different angles. May turn out there's nothing to see, but...

W-O you could just try and loosen thebottom limb bolt a 1/4 turn. That will change more than the rotation and could just make holding the bow more comfortable.

Think of a bow as a rectangle, you want to "square" to up. If you measore from corner to opposite corner and do the same with the other 2 corners the measurement will be the same if it's square. If not you either pull on one corner or push on the other. The bolts on a bow do that.

Your slightly out of square now. Twisting the strings is another form of pulling,but that requires pressing this bow and I've heard several people claim that is a sensitive process, one to be avoided IMO if it can be.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:48 AM
bigcountry

No doubt it would be handy to have a draw board, but definately not needed for the "one bow tune a season" guy.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Another tip... you may want to write down which cables you twist/untwist as you tinker so that if you get it really messed up you can put it back the way it was.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:19 PM

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

No doubt it would be handy to have a draw board, but definately not needed for the "one bow tune a season" guy.
Not needed, but itmakes it a WHOLE LOT EASIER.Makes it a lot more convenienton checking draw length, rest timing, cam timing, etc. I figure with the amount of $$$$$ we spend on our bows and accessories, what is another $50. Yes, more than a screw in the ceiling, but the convenience is well worth the extra $$$$ to me.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:02 PM

Thanks for the feedback so far. Does anyone know of a good Bowtech binary cam tuning video to purchase and where to get it? A friend of mine sent me a Hoyt tuning video that really helped me on my neighbor's bow. It would be great to have something similar to setup my binary cam. Thanks for any help.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:10 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: western outdoors

Thanks for the feedback so far. Does anyone know of a good Bowtech binary cam tuning video to purchase and where to get it? A friend of mine sent me a Hoyt tuning video that really helped me on my neighbor's bow. It would be great to have something similar to setup my binary cam. Thanks for any help.
All compounds pretty well tune the same way. Guardian is no different.