HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   for anyone who shoots with tru ball (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/26359-anyone-who-shoots-tru-ball.html)

fatchazz 03-17-2003 04:22 PM

for anyone who shoots with tru ball

Just wanting to know how much of a difference the shorter extreme series would be compared to the boss series. On the web site it says that the extremes are 7/16" shorter. How would this affect shooting and what would you guys suggest.

Kanga 03-17-2003 05:35 PM

RE: for anyone who shoots with tru ball

I have found that the Extreme fits my hand better than the Boss series.
There has been no big difference in my shooting ( I still suck):D:D

All I can suggest is for you to try both and see what one suits you better

micah 03-18-2003 12:21 PM

fatchazz, thanks for posting this. I' m also trying to decide between the two. I have a short draw and small hands, so I' m thinking about going with the extreme series. I' m not sure if that will make a differance or not, but I think I' ll try it and see.

BobCo19-65 03-18-2003 12:41 PM

I shoot the regular King George. However my hands are rather large, I held the extreme series in my hand just to compare, and it felt a little small for my liking. If you have smaller hands, like you state, I would go for the extreme series. The knurled pin is also very nice on the extreme.

ken rose 03-18-2003 12:50 PM

I have both, the Chappy Boss and the Extreme.In my opinion,the Extreme feels a little bigger(or meatier)in your hand.The Chappy Boss has the cut out finger grooves and feels smaller when putting your fingers around it.For a person with small hands and short fingers,I would suggest the Chappy Boss or another Boss series rlease.But if you have the chance,shoot both and see which one feels better for you.Good luck,and I don' t think you could go wrong with either.;)

Pinwheel 12 03-18-2003 01:59 PM

I shoot Tru-Ball releases exclusively, and have shot most all of them. I prefer the Chappy Boss for tournament work, and the new Trail Boss is quite nice also. The Extreme is shorter and beefier as stated above, and it really is all in the individual. I have a medium hand with longer fingers and the Chappy fits me well, while I feel the Extremes' head to be a little short. Again, personal preference. I also use the Tornado caliper for hunting! Try them all and decide from there, they don' t get any better than this. Good shooting, Pinwheel 12

Grndzer 03-21-2003 06:24 AM

I love truball releases but my extreme' s made my fingers no numb. This happen to you guys? I switched to a Carter and it quit happening. I love the adjustability of TruBall I wish they where a little more rounded and thicker.