Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Is this Whisker Biscuit shot? >

Is this Whisker Biscuit shot?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Is this Whisker Biscuit shot?

Old 09-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default Is this Whisker Biscuit shot?

I was wondering when I should replace my biscuit? I did by a replacement ($20 ouch) but it was for the original not the drop tine, so I'll return that. But when should your WB be replaced?

Old 09-10-2008, 08:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Is this Whisker Biscuit shot?

Looks to me like it's just getting broken in. Should be shooting fine...Orisn't it?
Old 09-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Spike

Looks ok to me. How does it shoot? Any vane damage/wrinkles?
Old 09-10-2008, 08:16 PM
Fork Horn

I was just shooting it tonight, sure doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it. I had a couple of arrows kick out(still within an 7" @20yds group though), but I think that was my grasping grip - when I relaxed and followed through no problem. Wisc. opener is Sat and did not want to be caught with a bad WB. I've never wore one out. This is 1-1/2 years old. Replacing just might cause more problems as far as breaking it in?
Old 09-10-2008, 09:44 PM

I was questioning the shape of my wb. After seeing that one and reading the replies, seems like I am in good shape. I am on my second on so far this year. I did a lot of cold weather shooting early and it seemed to really wear it out,
Old 09-11-2008, 08:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

What in the world are you doing to have a WB look like that?

BTW, you have the deluxe and not the drop tine. The drop tine and original use the same replacement.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Fork Horn

Does that have something to do with tuning? Because I have something similar to that on mine but its only in the area where one vane goes through. On yours it looks like its happening just where the bottom two vanes pass through.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: rimjob_rob

Does that have something to do with tuning? Because I have something similar to that on mine but its only in the area where one vane goes through. On yours it looks like its happening just where the bottom two vanes pass through.
It's got nothing to do with tuning. His biscuit's fine. There are alot of bristles packed in there and they get displaced as an arrow passes through. Because they're so packed in, the bristles can't possibly get back to where they started.

If your bow is perfectly tuned and you're still getting poor arrow flight, then switch the biscuit. They really need to look pretty mangled before they're no good anymore.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:11 PM
Fork Horn

Well my question is then why is it happening where two of the vanes pass through and not the other one?
Old 09-12-2008, 03:53 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bigbulls
BTW, you have the deluxe and not the drop tine. The drop tine and original use the same replacement.
BB - Thanks for that clarification on the style of WB. I've paper tuned my set up in the past and the deluxe WB makes that a lot easier. The fibers on the back of the WB are all in line. Its just the fibers on the front side that are sketchy. My set up is shooting very fine, but I've often wondered if I've got too much off set on my vanes. Which are blazers by the way.

Hopefully they'll be passing through more than a WB this weekend.

Quick Reply: Is this Whisker Biscuit shot?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.