Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bow question ???? >

Bow question ????

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bow question ????

Old 09-09-2008, 07:41 PM

Default Bow question ????

Good evening. Iv have a question four you all. I bought a new bear lights out bow and i have shot it about 200 arrow threw it and it shoots great. The question is were the string runs around the cam at the draw module the serving is alot smaller were the module peaks out but its not cuting the serving that i can see.And theres a gap between the module and the cam were the string runs .Has anybody had this problem and should I be worried? Thanks Paul
Old 09-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bow question ????

Got a pic?

Old 09-10-2008, 06:47 AM
Spike

Most single cam bows are known for this, especially Bear's. I have a Bear Instinct and my serving is seperated where it runs around the cam. When your cable runs around the cam during the draw, the angle on the cam is too sharp and it's causing the serving to stretch. A few of my buddies have the original Truth bow and they both took a dremel to the spot on the cam where it's happening and it has been fine since. Personally I'm going with a new string and Halo serving and problem should be fixed. I wouldn't worry about it, but don't let it chew on your string. Aftermarket strings will do the trick for you, but for now you could just wax your string good and should slow down the process of the cam eating your serving.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:33 AM

I have had this happen on both my 04 trx and my 07 code. i put a new quality sting and cable on the trx and the problem still persists. Just watch and like flybub stated, just watch to make sure it doesn't start eating your strings.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:11 PM

Thanks guys it had me woried. Its like the string is to big for the module and its sqeezing it when you draw it .i forgot my camera at work so ill take some pictures and post tomorow. Paul
Old 09-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Fork Horn

I had this issue with my Fred Bear Instinct. If your string is 'stretching' that's one thing. If it's getting 'cut' or 'chewed' that's another and there is a reason why this is happening.
Make sure the cam and module are perfectly aligned where the cable string rolls over where the cam/module meetand not slightly misaligned(I had this problem)If in perfect alignmentthena new custom string shouldwill solve your issue. If not, well.....I placed an extremely thin shim(paper&super glue)between the module and cam and it solved the issue of the module 'clipping' the edge of my cable. Worked for me anyway.
As for what Flybub mentioned with the dremel, I elected not to mess with taking a dremel to the module or cam once I put them in perfect alignment as excessive wear stopped.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:26 PM

Old 09-12-2008, 11:13 PM
Fork Horn

Hard to tell from the pic, doesn't seem to bad, looking closely at the side of the string where it rolls over on the cam and module will tell you. Does it the side of the string look clipped? Try looking where the module and cam meet, where the string transitions from cam to module, are the edges of the module lined up perfectly with the meeting edges of the cam? If so maybe all you need is an aftermarket string. If not you may need to remove the module and ever so slightly shim it. At least that's what I did,
I heard somewhere Bear would install some type of plastic guard to fix this, but can't confirm.
Anyone?