Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Building a paper tuning stand... >

Building a paper tuning stand...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Building a paper tuning stand...

Old 09-04-2008, 04:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default Building a paper tuning stand...

Hey All,
I'm building a paper tuning stand so I can tune at home, obviously... Do you guys use and particular paper?

Thanks,
R
Old 09-04-2008, 05:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Building a paper tuning stand...

You can get as simple or elaborate as you want.

Simple would be making a small frame out of some wood and taping newspaper to shoot through. This will cost you about $10

Elaborate would be getting some PVC pipe and makinga fully free standing, 6' tall frame soyou can have a large roll of paper hung below and you can pull up the paper and clamp it up top and tear it off as needed when it gets too many holes in it. This will cost you about $50 - $60

Old 09-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bulls is right,I built one for my personalshop out of some lightweight angle iron I had laying around. I made it the size of a sheet of news paper and I use the heavy duty paper clips to hold the sheets on with and it is free standing like the one that Bulls showed and I never thought about it but a pvc one is a good idea. I don't have a dime in it but if I had to buy the material it would have cost about $45.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Fork Horn

I used 2x4's... A tick shy of 6' with a shooting box of 18x18.... Cost me 8 bucks from Home Depot....
Old 09-04-2008, 07:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

I built one of PVC similar to bigbulls, except for the pipe holding the roll. I have 8 clothespins wired to the frame and use construction paper, the kind school kids use.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

You can get as simple or elaborate as you want.

Simple would be making a small frame out of some wood and taping newspaper to shoot through. This will cost you about $10

Elaborate would be getting some PVC pipe and makinga fully free standing, 6' tall frame soyou can have a large roll of paper hung below and you can pull up the paper and clamp it up top and tear it off as needed when it gets too many holes in it. This will cost you about $50 - $60

BB,
That's a HIGH price for a paper-tuner. He could get a 3 2x4's for about $3/piece, and one 8-10' piece of PVC pipe for about $5-6 and build it out of wood just using a drill and a handful of nails or screws to put it together. That being said, I'm not sold on paper-tuning for my own purposes, because I have the space to do a walkback and then throw on some BH's and tweak, which is what most guys end up doing after paper-tuning anyhow.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:33 PM

I built a very solid paper tuner out of pvc for less than $30 for everything. PM me with your email, and I can email you pictures and a parts list. It is super easy and very solid.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

That's a HIGH price for a paper-tuner.He could get a 3 2x4's for about $3/piece, and one 8-10' piece of PVC pipe for about $5-6 and build it out of wood just using a drill and a handful of nails or screws to put it together.
I did say he could make it as simple or elaborate as he wanted didn't I? Depends on what he wants and how much he wants to spend.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

That's a HIGH price for a paper-tuner.He could get a 3 2x4's for about $3/piece, and one 8-10' piece of PVC pipe for about $5-6 and build it out of wood just using a drill and a handful of nails or screws to put it together.
I did say he could make it as simple or elaborate as he wanted didn't I? Depends on what he wants and how much he wants to spend.
Sorry, I meant the $50-60 price. But even at that, what you built out of PVC shouldn't have cost that much at least where I get PVC, and I've re-did the plumbing on a couple places in PVC, including my own in the last couple years. Either way the frame IS a good design....
Old 09-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, butI amfiguringthat he might alsohave to buy things other than just the PVC pipe.

Trust me, I could add on some bells and whistles to that basicframe and spend $50 on it.
Can you believe that basic frame sells for $115 or more on several web sites.

Quick Reply: Building a paper tuning stand...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.