Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Rage 3 Blade Question >

Rage 3 Blade Question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Rage 3 Blade Question

Old 08-31-2008, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default Rage 3 Blade Question

My dad just gave me a pack of the Rage 3 blade practice heads (he's using the 2 blade model this year) and I was really impressed with how well these heads fly. I'd like to hear any opinions on the Rage 3 blade, particularly from those of you who use them. I've heard horror stories about dull blades and a few other problems with them. Also, do the actual heads fly as well as the practice heads? Thanks a lot!
Old 08-31-2008, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rage 3 Blade Question

a few of my personal friends have killed deer with them and have 0 issues thus far. they said the fly just like the practice. which imo i think is amazing. i just bought a pack of 3blades last week adn have shot the practice tip from out to 60yrds and it groups just fine with my ft's.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:21 AM
Fork Horn

Do the blades seem sharp to you out of the package?
Old 09-01-2008, 11:04 AM

Dont know about the 2 blade ones, But a guy has a video shooting a 3 blade through a cantaloupe melon and only 2 blades opened.
Now that is a soft target and probably softer then a deer.

But no matter what i would liike to work with the 2 blade rage and the Grim Reaper heads.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just bought some 2 bladed rages, the cuttnig blades are pretty sharp so they seem, but the lead point cut blade seems totally dull, don't understand that one?

I think the rage 2 blades are the only way to go for mechanicals, but now im back to reconsidering the whole mechanical idea. More stuff to go wrong? Also takes some energy from the shot/arrow to open them....and now that dull lead blade?

Thinking about those NAP razorbaks my dad loves, cut on contact, 2/4blade/bleeder design that spin /rotate putting even more energy into the shot.

thos or the G5 montecs

Old 09-19-2008, 06:34 PM

i shot the 3 blades last year they worked great no problems both deer ran 30 yards.... shooting the 2 blades this year
Old 09-19-2008, 06:51 PM
Fork Horn

3blade here and no issues... looks like TNT exploded inside the deer when it hit also. 40 yards tracking job which was pretty much look down and walk ahead simple tracking

im using them again this season
Old 09-19-2008, 11:59 PM

I hear a steady hiss when I shoot my pt. It flies gooe though.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:08 PM
Fork Horn

Brian not sure what state you are in but the 3 blade are illegal in NY. The two blades are awesome. The deer I took last year had a huge hole in him and went nowhere. They are great in my opinion.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:11 PM
Spike

not to steal your post here but im curious. I live in NY and i wasnt aware the 3 blades were illegal. I was just looked at them in the local gander mountain last week. I was thinking about going to buy them. Why and where are they illegal?

Quick Reply: Rage 3 Blade Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.