Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bowtech slow with certain colors? >

Bowtech slow with certain colors?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech slow with certain colors?

Old 08-26-2008, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bowtech slow with certain colors?

alright, in march of this year i bought my general. max4 looked pretty sweet so i thought i would get that color. my dealer told me about the octane accesories (which werent out)and i thought they sounded pretty good. i told him to go ahead and order me a stabilizer in max4. he wnet ahead and ordered a few in every color and i waited for that to come din. to this day he still hasnt gotten a stabilizer in max4, period, so i went ahead and got a black 11.5". he has gotten plenty others in different colors, no max4

next, the limb recall. it was released almost a month ago. i called my dealer and told him (he hadnt even heard yet) so he called bowtech that day, adn they were sending him the seven bows he had in stock, + 2 in max 4. one for me and one set fro another guy he knows who has one. he has gotten in all of the colors he has ordered multiple times and still no max4. he has an abundance of limbs lying around now and still no max4. WHY?

now by no means am i a pro shooter or anything. i shoot almosteveryday and shoot 3d's on the weekends. when i first read about the recall i figured oh well, ill keep shootin until it blows or some limbs come in. i anticipated them to come in within the 5-7 days that bt promised which would have been like the 15th or something. now if i would have listened to their recall thing i would be sitting here, having not shot since the 7th, a week and a half before deer season, without a bow to shoot.

Sunday when i was shooting a local 3d, about twenty targets in, my bow started to creak, we looked it over couldnt find anything, no big deal. well, the next day my buddy who shoots for pse talked to his rep adn he said dont shoot it anymore(i guess the creaking sound means the limbs arre coming apart). so now i sit here waiting, calling my dealer everyday, while he opens packages of limbs while i call, and no max4.

So is anyone else feeling this way or having the same delays. And guys im not trying to wine, but this is all a compilation of aggrivation coming out at one time. i still love my bow and am still probably going to buy an 82nd for target only next year. but why the delays on acertain colors. there has to be a BT rep on here that can give me some kind of answer.
Thanks guys
Derek
Old 08-26-2008, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech slow with certain colors?

come on blowtechies i know someone can figure it out
Old 08-27-2008, 05:02 AM
Typical Buck

If you're dealer is getting other limbs in, but they are just not your choice of color, why not switch just for now until your limbs come in? Yeah, you'll be shooting a mis-matched bow, but at least you'll be shooting.
You may want to PM Greg/Mo. I think he's either a BT staffer or is at least pretty tight with them and may be able to get you some answers.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah that is true. if it comes down to it being hunting season and them not being in i guess that would be my best bet. i would love to pput a set of black limbs on it. i think that wuld look cool as heck but he hasnt ordered any so... thanks for the advice though.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:33 PM

I'm sure the factory in Oregon is completely and totally nuts in getting orders cranked out. Especially at this time of the year. I would accept the mismatched limbs for now until the limbs you want come in. Seems like the easiest thing to do. BTW-you said "blowtechie", and you shoot one?
Old 08-27-2008, 10:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Doegirl75

I'm sure the factory in Oregon is completely and totally nuts in getting orders cranked out. Especially at this time of the year. I would accept the mismatched limbs for now until the limbs you want come in. Seems like the easiest thing to do. BTW-you said "blowtechie", and you shoot one?
Oh yeah, ever since the recall was out anytime i talk about iti say BLOWTECH. im not ashamed of it, and i think its pretty funny (not the limbsblowing in peoples faces)no since in hiding the truth though, every companyhas problems sometimes and i will be the first one at shoots to crack a joke about it possibly blowing up in my face this time through the course lol!i love it andwillcontinue to shoot it until i finda bow thatfeels better to me. until then its the blowtech that fitsmy bill

btw,i pm'dBowtechCorporate, and they responded that they arepretty much caughtup with shipping out the special color limbs, so hopefully mine are in anyday now.
Derek
Old 08-27-2008, 10:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

I honestly wouldn't be overly concerned with it until the Max4 limbs come it.........considering it is such a small number of bows. I am a Bowtech dealer, shoot a general, have "updated" limbs in the shop and have not changed my own limbs yet and probably won't.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

^that is true, but ever since my lower cam area has started making that creaking sound it has me paranoid. and as far as the limbs, he has them tracked and coming and it should all be ok now.
Derek