Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Mathews DXT vs Bowtech General >

Mathews DXT vs Bowtech General

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Mathews DXT vs Bowtech General

Old 08-17-2008, 05:27 PM

Default Mathews DXT vs Bowtech General

I have heard that the General is having a limb issue and to be honest its making me a little gun shy on buying one. I shot the DXT and the General both and thought the General felt better but I also liked the DXT so I'm wondering if someone can help a brother out withdeciding what bowto buy?

Wes
Old 08-17-2008, 05:42 PM

Default RE: Mathews DXT vs Bowtech General

Well, I have the DXT and love it. But with that being said if you liked the general better I would get it. Feeling is everything. Bowtech has taken care of the limb issue with the recall and I think all new bows have the new limbs. I would ask your dealer if the bow you are looking at has the new limbs.

BJ
Old 08-17-2008, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can't go wrong with either bow in my opinion. Both are fantastic. But I agree with BJ, if the General stood out to you then that is what you should go with. Bowtech has corrected the issue so I wouldn't hesitate to buy one now.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:48 AM

Hey, I to was in the market for a new bow about 5 mths. ago. Did all the research and i saw that bowtech has had limb issues in the past. I hadent heard about the most recent. But anyway i bought a diamond Marquis and had it a few weeks and had some tech questions for bow tech. I emailed them several times.For acouple of weeks. Three weeks after my last contact with them they finally called me, i left my cell and home phone. I Traded the bow the day before.The bow shot ok but was real picky,the high letoff gave me no stability at full draw. I bought a DXT and love it. Yea it has high letoff to but it feels totally diff.Ive called Mathews a couple of times and talked to a live person every time. I think all the bows are pretty close now, so to me its customer service as much as anything.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:28 PM
Typical Buck

Back in January, I couldn't make up my between the General and the DXT either and ended up with the DXT. Couple months later I had some money laying around and decided to buy the General to give it another try. I shot both bows side by side for about a month and then sold the General without any regret. That's just me though, all the magazines and bowsites are giving the nod to the General. Just goes to show, it's all in what you want in a bow. Everybody is different.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:07 PM

what did you like about the DXT that you didn't like about the General?

Thx
Wes
Old 08-18-2008, 03:57 PM

I personally thought the General was the best and bought it without regret!

My reasons for choosing it over the DXT are as follows:
1) It's quiter
2) It has an amazing feel after the shot
3) It's the most forgiving bow on the market with a short ATA
4) I like the grip much better!
Old 08-19-2008, 07:06 AM
Typical Buck

Good for youMergrath, like I said, everyone's different. Most that don't like the DXT haven't shot it enough or don't have really good form (speaking from personal experience) b/c it does take some getting use to due to the short a-a and ultralight weight.

To answer the OP's question this is what I liked better about the DXT:

1) Much, much, much smoother and constant draw cycle. This is my hunting bow, a good draw cycle is very important. This was the deal breaker in a nut shell for me when it came to the General. I thought I could get used to it but never did.
2) Lighter and easier to maneuver in tight spots. The weight difference between the two isn't much on paper but shoot them side by side for a long timeor hold each one at full draw for a minute and you'll realize there's a BIG difference.

No doubtthe General is shock free and if that's important to you then the General wins hands down. It's a consideration to me but not the deciding factor. All in all, I just shoot the DXT better, and yes it is accurate at long distances but it'll tell on you if you're form isn't correct.

Just shoot 'em both and see what YOU think, better yet do what I did and BUY them both. That's the only real way to tell which is best for you. You can only do so much in a pro shop.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:04 AM
Typical Buck

I agree with Sooner!! I did the same as you guy's...did all the research and shot them side by side including a few others. Came down to the General & DXT, I'm very happy with my purchase. DXT!
Old 08-24-2008, 09:00 AM
Spike

I have called BowTech customer service before with questions and always spoke directly to a technician. They have always satisfied me as a customer. When you want to speak directly to a tech person you should always call. Who knows how many emails they are bombarded with everyday. Pretty dumb reason to get rid of a sweet bow. Of course if you just didn't like it it's your fault for not trying before buying....

Quick Reply: Mathews DXT vs Bowtech General

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.