Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

I' m So Confused!! Which Bow??

Old 03-10-2003, 06:04 PM

Default I' m So Confused!! Which Bow??

Saturday evening, I had all the taxes one human could possibly stand. So I went to my closest Hoyt dealer who has now added BowTech. So he set up an UltraTec and a Pro 38. I am selling my 02 CyberTec and have decided on a bow with at least 7.25 Brace Height and 36+ a2a. My feelings are when you are draw length challenged, you better be accurate.

Man was that UltraTec sweet pulling back. Boy what a solid wall on the Pro 38. What a great grip on the UT. Boy did that Pro 38 seem faster. About the same price. The UT might have been a shade quiter and possibly less hand vibration. Love the feel of the Pro 38 riser maybe a shade better than the UT.

Dang, I thought one should just jump out and say buy me. But oh no. They both felt great. Had the wife with me so no way I can but both so don' t even think of suggested that.

I want to order the bow so I can have it on the big day, 4/16/03. If it is revelant my draw length is about 27.5 and pull about 58 - 60 lb. Both bows were of the 70 lb limb model but the lop was set correctly on both bows.

Anyone want to help me make up my mind. If I get a chance, I am going to go down and reshoot them and possibly add the DC Patriot, although the a2a is a little below the 36.
Old 03-10-2003, 06:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I' m So Confused!! Which Bow??

You are the only who can decide what one to get
But dont discount the Pat Dually

By all means go back and shoot them again and keep doing so untill the right choice is made
Old 03-10-2003, 08:31 PM

I would also suggest looking into the Hoyt ProTec if you want a long bow and high brace height. The brace height is over 8inches and depending on the limbs, the AtoA lenght is 38-41 inches. I love mine, it is THE most forgiving bow I' ve ever owned, including Mathews, Bowtech, PSE and Jennings.
Old 03-11-2003, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

You should check the patriot dual cam and the black knite II . I' ll bet you love that Black Knite most pepole who shoot it do . Oh and try the 60 lb models they are plenty powerfull enough for whatever you want .
Old 03-12-2003, 08:31 AM

My suggestion would be the ........you thought I was going to tell you. I don' t own either bow. But is sounds to me like maybe you liked the actually feel ( grip, pull, release) of the ultra tec. Both bows have plenty of speed. I personally would choose the bow that was the easiest to shoot for me. The one that would have me chomping at the bit to get home and sling a few arrows. Don' t let 10 fps diifernces in IBO rating make the decision. And for sure, don' t let the pro shop or anyone else for that matter influence you decision. Think hard about the most important qualities to you. Maybe a quiet bow is number one. Maybe you are more interested in a hard wall. Whatever your criteria, you decide.
Old 03-16-2003, 06:47 PM

I think you could end your search with The Pro 38. I have had 2, a 2001 in Camo which I just traded for a 2002 in black. Both bows have the infinity cams which are a great cam especially if you might want to vary your letoff. Thre is little to no handshock, it is a smoootthh drawing bow that is very forgiving. It also meets your criteria for both brace height and a2a. Hoyt also make an excellent bow but I honestly believe you can' t beat the Pro 38 or Pro 40 single cams. One other bow you might want to check on is the other bow I own. Mathews Icon is a super bow. The concentric cam makes for a smooth draw and the parallel limb design (which to some extent is what the bowtech also incorporates) makes for a bow with almost no recoil or handshock. I am more then satisfied with both these bows I believe you would never regret either choice.
Old 03-17-2003, 05:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

As the others stated this is an individual decision and either bow would be a good choice in terms of construction, materials, etc....

From a technical standpoint each design has its own set of advantages. If both bows " feel" good to you then you need to run down the list of advantages and disadvantages to each bow in terms of specs and components to see which is more aptly suited for your application.
Old 03-17-2003, 06:34 PM

Well, I didn' t get the chance this past Saturday evening to go down and shoot them again. I have intentions of going down and reshoot the UltraTec, Pro 38 and possibly the Pro 40 Dually and Patriot DC.

I think the speed of the Dually' s are inviting for me since I am draw length challenged and a wimp (60lb pull). Between the two, I am shooting at probably alot slower speeds. Yea, I know accuracy is more important. But, I guess I' m dreaming and yet knowing that faster arrows, maybe, make up for a small error in distance.

Either way, the most important thing is I want a very forging bow that feels good that I can shoot for many years to come. I just wish one would jump out and say take me home.
Old 03-19-2003, 04:06 AM

Hoyt is winning ever type of shooting type competion there is. No doubt who is clear choice here. That Ultratec is one sweet machine.