Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Concern with Blazer Vanes >

Concern with Blazer Vanes

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Concern with Blazer Vanes

Old 07-25-2008, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Concern with Blazer Vanes

ORIGINAL: The Rev

ORIGINAL: fjp326

Try an after market cable slide. I think some of them keep the cable a little tighter to the cable guard. This might provide enough extra clearence to solve your problem. Good luck.
I had to do that, it worked good.
I third this. A good aftermarket will help in more ways than just giving you more clearance.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:13 PM
Typical Buck

I had to put an after market cable slide on mine,but for a quick fix I just rotated my nock just a tad,but my problem came from shooting my bow and the cables started to put groves in the factory slide,was shooting one day and noticed my arrows wern't flying right got to looking close and noticed the groves in the cable slide and then noticed flechting contact,was going hunting the next day so I just rotated my nock to get the clearence I needed,with a wb too.It was fine when the bow was new,it was only after many shots that the problem occured.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:15 PM

i ended up putting on an alipine mach 5 cable slide that pulled the cables tighter to the cable guard and now provides excellent clearance for the blazers...thanks for the suggestions guys
Old 07-27-2008, 07:06 AM
Spike

Excellent, glad it worked out so easily. That is why this sight is probably the best tool you can have.Enjoy the blazers I love them.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Alpine is a great cable slide. I put 1 on last spring and it still looks brand new.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

The Alpine is a great cable slide. I put 1 on last spring and it still looks brand new.

I have 1 sitting here that was given to me by them at the ASA shoot in Metroplis.My concern is what would they do to your cables over time, other than that,looks like a good slide.

So,the question is,how do your cables look?
Old 07-27-2008, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

My cables from last year looked perfectly fine after 1000's of shotswhen I replaced them this year with aftermarket.

My new cables that I put on in January look fine too after a few thousands.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good,I had planned on putting it on to see for myself but that was the only thought in the back of my mind.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

You could always go toa four fletch with the blazer too. The leading edge of the vane shouldn't hit it at the angle the vanes are put on. I actually switched to 4 blazers because I shot better groups with fixed blades. I was suprised to also see that the arrow didn't drop below those with 3 vanes either.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Blazers are a little taller, just enough to be a pita.

Quick Reply: Concern with Blazer Vanes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.