Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Whisker Biscuit or Drop away rest? >

Whisker Biscuit or Drop away rest?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whisker Biscuit or Drop away rest?

Old 07-17-2008, 03:17 PM

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit or Drop away rest?

Are there two inserts like there are with the whisker biscuit and are you sure you had the carbon insert and not the aluminum one?
Old 07-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gainning a 11ft per sec..that right there is funny..the only way you gain that much is lighter arrow or higer poundage or bothor you had the WB set up wrong...and yes I know a thing or two about the WB,been useing it since day one,Ive done the speed tests,mud,snow,ice,dirt,shooting it sideways even shot it upside down hanging from a swing(wife wasnt to impressed)kids laughed at me but I did it and it works,sighting like that is is well differant.....
A WB is not asforgiving it will show all your bad habits were a drop away is more forgiving,hence the better shoots/groups..
My changeing between a WB and a DropZone useing the exact same arrow was 2fps average....so its not even worth the speed argument its more of a form issue between the two.....

Iam out of this one.......later.....
Old 07-17-2008, 07:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: sixgunluvr

ORIGINAL: The Rev

If you've been looking at the W.B. take a look at the hostage.. It's a million times better. I've made the W.B. mistake. With the hostage you have no vane contact and is still a contained arrow rest. There is no comparison.

Lol! Really? a million times better? I tried this rest and it was to easy to bump the arrow between the bristles......no comparison in my opinion.
align your vanes... I know what I'm talking about. I don't use the hostage, I don't need a rest to hold my arrow in place, I've been shooting too long for that.. But I did waste my money on the W.B...

I've worked special events with Bowtech shooting in the 3D trailer. New shooters shoot it fine, and doesn't make that pop like the W.B.. I don't really care what he uses, I'm just not telling him to buy some just because I like it..
I've seen tons of arrows fly in this trailer. All with a hostage.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

I shot a few arrows in that trailer on Memorial Day Weekend at the NASCAR race in North Carolina.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I switched from a WB to the QAD HD and I like the QAD better. I only gained 3 fps but it's quieter and more accurate.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: crazycoonhunterNE

I shot a few arrows in that trailer on Memorial Day Weekend at the NASCAR race in North Carolina.
The little short guy in the trailer is a good guy... If you can get him to shut up long enough to get a shot off...;; Just kidding Hans is a great guy, unless he's quit, and gone back to the pro bass circuit.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:01 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: crazycoonhunterNE

I am looking at getting a new rest, which is better a whisker biscuit or a drop away, if a drop away is better, what should I get for a dropaway.
I just switched to a drop-away from a whisker biscuit 2 monts ago. In my opinion both are great rests. My accuracy hasn't sufferedsince making the change, I can still put an arrow in a 3" circle @ 40 yds like I was doing with the WB. I like the the QADUltra Pro. Either way is a good choice, just make sure it's set-up correctly.