Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Whisker Biscuit or Drop away rest? >

Whisker Biscuit or Drop away rest?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whisker Biscuit or Drop away rest?

Old 07-17-2008, 08:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default Whisker Biscuit or Drop away rest?

I am looking at getting a new rest, which is better a whisker biscuit or a drop away, if a drop away is better, what should I get for a dropaway.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit or Drop away rest?

My go to is my WB but I also have a drop zone....matter of fact I just put my WB back on the other day.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:57 AM

I have both a Whisker Biscuit and a rip cord fall away. I have to say for hunting I like the Whisker biscuit much better. Just because of the fact that it fully contains the arrow so theres no way that arrows falling off the rest.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:59 AM
Fork Horn

I have used a whisker biscuit for the last 5 years, and my accuracy has been good. Prolly a 5" group at 30 yards. I finally switched to a drop-away last year. I got the Q.A.D Ultra Rest. Man It keeps the arrow from fallin out just like the whisker biscuit. Its less noisy then the whisker biscuit, and My accuracy has improved. I can keep about a 3" group at 30 yards, but at further distances like 40-50 yards my accuracy is far better now. I also gained 11 feet per second. I think You can't go wrong with a drop away.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:37 AM

I like the Muzzy Z-effect drop away and the arrow will NOT fall out. The only thing that I would suggest is to put some of the cloth tape on your riser because the arrow can make a small noise. The arrow will fall into the correctposition, no matter where it is when draw is initiated. The negative to the whisker biscuit is the additional contact to the arrow as the vanes pass through it.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I prefer the drop away rests and they make several that are contained like the whisker without the arrow contact..
Old 07-17-2008, 12:11 PM
Spike

I like my drop zone over the WB for the same reasons mondoman said...seems to be a little more accurate farther down range.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

If you've been looking at the W.B. take a look at the hostage.. It's a million times better. I've made the W.B. mistake. With the hostage you have no vane contact and is still a contained arrow rest. There is no comparison.

Old 07-17-2008, 02:45 PM

Yes, I have seen that rest before. It grabbed my attention as well! I had forgot about it and unfortunately, already put money into a drop away. Nice choice to add to the pile though.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:13 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: The Rev

If you've been looking at the W.B. take a look at the hostage.. It's a million times better. I've made the W.B. mistake. With the hostage you have no vane contact and is still a contained arrow rest. There is no comparison.

Lol! Really? a million times better? I tried this rest and it was to easy to bump the arrow between the bristles......no comparison in my opinion.

Quick Reply: Whisker Biscuit or Drop away rest?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.