Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Anyone know what this is? >

Anyone know what this is?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Anyone know what this is?

Old 07-16-2008, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone know what this is?

I've been wanting one for a looooooong time. I have always just gone over to my coaches house to use his, but last night finally finished building my own. I even ordered what I believe is the best scale on the market for everything you would ever need related to archery.........the Pelouze 7710. They are expensive, but worth it in my opinion.

I just need to find an aluminum yard stick that I can cut appropriately and mount on this, and then I can even plot and chart out draw force curves. I've already perfectly synched cams on the Constitution,set correct letoff, and measured exact DL on it after installing a new string yesterday. I will also be using to help time my new Limb Driver that should be here in the next day or two.

Ireally just need a chrono and a full size press(likely a custom BowTrix), and then my dream bench and peg board setup to have my own dream shop complete. This was one of the last and most important pieces that I was missing........now I just need to organize it all with a killer bench setup.

One of these days I'll put together a parts list and instructions on how to use. I'll likely writesomething uplater this summer/early fall.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Anyone know what this is?

ORIGINAL: Rick James

I will also be using to help time my new Limb Driver that should be here in the next day or two.

How?

I'm just curious....I'm not sure how you would go about timing a Limbdriver....
Old 07-16-2008, 10:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is it a draw station???
Old 07-16-2008, 10:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

To answer your question it's a draw board.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

What does that electronic scale cost?

I only ask because of the Easton bow force mapping system does everything you want to do automatically.
http://www.eastonarchery.com/store/product/16
Old 07-17-2008, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks good, Matt. Are you going to tape/wrap the pipe? I, too am interested in how you go about timing a limbdriver.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

What does that electronic scale cost?

I only ask because of the Easton bow force mapping system does everything you want to do automatically.
http://www.eastonarchery.com/store/product/16
You can't put the easton unit on a draw board. I know it maps draw forcecurve, but I wanted something I can use for checking letoff whiletiming and synching binary cams. It's tough to keep your eye on draw stops when your holding the scale and holding the bow too. I'm familiar with the Easton setup and have used it,but I wanted something I can use on a draw board specifically, and this will do everything the Easton will do for a LOT less money. I'm a computer guy too, so it's not that difficult for me to throw the data into a spreadsheet and graph it out. It's a lot less $$$ too.........about as much as the standard Easton scale ($150) that doesn't have the graphing capabilities.

Guys - I'm familiar with the concept of the Limb Driver, however never installed one or had one. I realize it works differently than other drop aways, and understand how, but figured it would be nice to use the draw board to see exactly where it was dropping etc to make sure the cord length was perfect.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MGH_PA

Looks good, Matt. Are you going to tape/wrap the pipe? I, too am interested in how you go about timing a limbdriver.
Yes, I will likely wrap the pipe, and will also probably put some moleskin around the bottom of it to prevent the mount piece from scratching up the bow.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Now that you've got the tooling, maybe you can do a pictorial post about how to plot your force draw curve and time your dropaway and cams. I bet it'd help out quite a few folks.

Just a suggestion.