HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Bow Sight (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/253170-bow-sight.html)

kpatte26 07-16-2008 08:40 PM

Bow Sight

I am getting ready to purchase a new bow and want to put a 5 pin (or more)sight on my bow. So I am asking all of you for a little help!
With all the research and opinion gathering I have done it seems that I want a sight with pins that are .19 in size, in addition to that I would like to have as much fiber optic cable with the pins as possible. I have seen a number of sights that have a mile of fiber optic but have a measure of .29 inches.
Do any of you have suggestions as to which sight would work for me with those two requirements?

TexasBowHunter 07-16-2008 08:50 PM

RE: Bow Sight

Check out the trophy ridge matrix, they are a great hunting sight with a better field of view than the horizontal pins, at least thats whatI have found to be true. They have them in cabelas as well as other places.

SwampCollie 07-16-2008 09:36 PM

I hunt with a Spot-Hogg RIGHT ON Wrap.

Its five .019" pins... over a foot of great quality fiber optic each. Super super bright sight. They also make models with more pins if you need more for any reason.

Tru-Glo has a pretty decent little set up that is micro adjustable with .019" pins and in camo for $100 at BPS... which is $50 less than the Spot-Hogg.... but the Spot-Hogg is definately tougher.

BGfisher 07-17-2008 10:33 AM

What you going to use this for? For one thing you don't need a mile of fiber. It can actually make the pins too bright causing a halo effect. How bright they are is more a matter of the quality of the fibers.

Won't make a suggestion about whichg sight as I have lost interest in keeping up with them the last year or two. The market is absolutely poluted with them.

rhustek 07-17-2008 11:42 AM

ORIGINAL: kpatte26

I am getting ready to purchase a new bow and want to put a 5 pin (or more)sight on my bow. So I am asking all of you for a little help!
With all the research and opinion gathering I have done it seems that I want a sight with pins that are .19 in size, in addition to that I would like to have as much fiber optic cable with the pins as possible. I have seen a number of sights that have a mile of fiber optic but have a measure of .29 inches.
Do any of you have suggestions as to which sight would work for me with those two requirements?
Just FYI if you are going to shoot in any IBO tournaments with this bow you may only want to get a 4 pin sight, I believe that is one of the limitations.

The Rev 07-17-2008 12:33 PM

It's what feels best to you... I'm partial to the spott hogg.

Centaur 1 07-17-2008 12:48 PM

Spot-Hogg with a wrap, either the hunter hogg-it or the real deal would be my choice. I own the Hunter hogg-it and absolutely love it but I'm not convinced that I needed the extra adjustability that it has over the real deal. They're a little expensive but if you appreciate quality equipment it's worth the price. The verticle wire in the sight window is a great addition and it really helps with aiming.

MDBUCKHUNTER 07-18-2008 08:22 PM

G5 LE or Spott Hogg.

Ultimately you need to go to an archery shop or two and play around with some sights.

Bigiron1 07-19-2008 12:29 PM

I had a TrophtyRidge guide series Micro Matrix on my old bow. It worked well for what the bow was capable of doing performance wise. I purchased a Bowtech Equalizer and mounted a HHA DS XL 5519 sight.The combination took me into the 21 century. I can't say enough about it. The unit is on the money every time. Very easy to work with and once its sighted in your good from 0 to 60 yds. I like this sight so much that I'm reping it in my business. The unit has a life time guarantee and is built like a tank. I have had no issues as manyof my customersare also pleased. This pass hunting season I took a nice white tail in Iowa at 70 yds and a Montana Elk at 55 yds. Talk to people and compare everything out there.