Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 QAD tune up... *Update** >

QAD tune up... *Update**

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

QAD tune up... *Update**

Old 07-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: QAD tune up...

Using the LD
Old 07-10-2008, 11:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hmthtrfan

Using the LD
Ah well at least I didn't strike out with the bat on my shoulder....

I've never had a QAD not get out of the way in time. Only issue was the bounce back as I mentioned with the hunter.

Only thing I can figure is that your nock point maybe too high/low or your center shot way in or out. Barring that, only a spine issue (and quite an issue it would be) or an improperly indexed arrow come to mind... unless something is broken.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:22 PM
Typical Buck

all started after new string, other than that no changes on bow, I have tried high nock, low nock, even measured where I had it tyed in the first time, I am at a loss.

Old 07-10-2008, 11:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

all started after new string, other than that no changes on bow, I have tried high nock, low nock, even measured where I had it tyed in the first time, I am at a loss.
Ah... one other thing to check... make sure that when you are at full draw the forks are pulling up PAST 90 deg vertical..... if they are not then she may well not drop. You can rotate the whole aparatus by loosening the set screw. You've probably done this already, seems like you got your stuff together pretty well. I know when stuff like this happens to me, its usually something blatently obvious I've overlooked half a dozen times already.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:49 AM
Typical Buck

past 90 huh. I will try that. if that do it, man loosing sleep....
Old 07-11-2008, 08:35 AM

I had issues with timing also, just tied it lower on the cable and no more issues. I also removed the top bar so I could shoot blazer vanes.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:54 AM
bigcountry

When you say fletch clearance, do you mean minor. Or are you saying the fork is not falling? You will be able to tell, because if it doesn't fall, you will usually get some fletch damage. And makes a horrible noise. How do you know its clearance?

Old 07-11-2008, 11:56 AM
Typical Buck

it is minor clearance, the forks are droping, just not quite in time, get contact on the top 1/4" of the forks, shooting blasers, no contact at the top bar. i am using the ol' lipstick trick to see if I have clearance..

i have tried attaching it to the down cable at almost every 1/4" interval, still no change. it is coming full back in the last 1-1.5" of draw, I have nocked high, low, level, no change, i am really close to ebayin this thing and getting somethin different, I have never felt as defeated as this thing has made me feel.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:19 PM
bigcountry

it is minor clearance, the forks are droping, just not quite in time, get contact on the top 1/4" of the forks, shooting blasers, no contact at the top bar. i am using the ol' lipstick trick to see if I have clearance..

i have tried attaching it to the down cable at almost every 1/4" interval, still no change. it is coming full back in the last 1-1.5" of draw, I have nocked high, low, level, no change, i am really close to ebayin this thing and getting somethin different, I have never felt as defeated as this thing has made me feel.
If that is the case then its not dropping quick enough. The connection to your downward cable should be about the same area as your handle or bottom of the handle. No lower really. Now that you ahve the connection placement for the football (or you may be tying it in), you have to adjust the QAD calbe length to time when it drops. If your QAD cable is too long, your fork won't drop at all and you get damage to your fletch, you want to set your cable length a tad shorter than this. Adjust it so the forks raise to a full 90degreesright at full draw.

Another thing that could be happening is your nocking point for the arrow could be too low. Can you raise your D-loop a tad? Have you shot it thru paper?

Old 07-11-2008, 12:27 PM
Typical Buck

Iam at the office right now, i will try that when I get home. one last night of tryin....

Quick Reply: QAD tune up... *Update**

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.