Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

3-D Scope?

Old 07-09-2008, 08:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default 3-D Scope?

I have a classic scope with a 4X lens with a yellow clarifier. I can see the target great, but I’m having problems seeing the pin. The pin is .019 fiber, lens is center drilled for fiber. I have tried different colors red, green, and yellow. This is the 1st time trying a scope and I don’t know what to try next. Larger pin or maybe put the pin in front of lens(metal tube with fiber pin in it). This set up would be for 3-D only.
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
Old 07-09-2008, 09:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 3-D Scope?

I always had the same problem with a clarifier.I started using a 2 power lens and no clarifier and that was ok but I was much happier with no lens at all.Better than 20/20 vision made it possible to pick my spots and be able to see them when aiming.I just never could get used to the target changing on me with a scope.

Sorry,that probably wasn't what you were looking for but just sharing my experience with that same situation.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:45 PM
Typical Buck

TFOX
You are right, it’s not what I wanted to hear. But I do appreciate your honesty. This is why I come here to try to get straight answers. Thanks.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Do you have a light on the pin?

If not you could always do what I did get a sight light from LP archery but be warned they are not cheap but worth every penny.

It is fully adjustable as far as brightness goes.

I did use a .019 blue fiber, 6x scope and #2 clarifier with the LP light with no problems at all.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think my problem was slightly different,I couldn't see a pin,just a blur.No definition to the pin but the target was clear as could be.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:06 PM

Do you wear glasses? If so that may be the issue. One thing that may help is extending the sight out further.
I for one was never a fan of the yellow califier.....the problem was exactly opposite for me though, made the pin clear as a bell and target fuzzy.
However, I have a stigmatism and must be careful, little things mess me up.....

Did you try a smaller peep?

I am sorry, but it can come from more than one source. None of these are too expensive of a fix though.

Old 07-10-2008, 05:15 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Kanga

Do you have a light on the pin?

If not you could always do what I did get a sight light from LP archery but be warned they are not cheap but worth every penny.

It is fully adjustable as far as brightness goes.

I did use a .019 blue fiber, 6x scope and #2 clarifier with the LP light with no problems at all.
Is your pin in front of the lens or do you have it going through the lens?
Old 07-10-2008, 05:23 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dryridge

Do you wear glasses? If so that may be the issue. One thing that may help is extending the sight out further.
I for one was never a fan of the yellow califier.....the problem was exactly opposite for me though, made the pin clear as a bell and target fuzzy.
However, I have a stigmatism and must be careful, little things mess me up.....

Did you try a smaller peep?

I am sorry, but it can come from more than one source. None of these are too expensive of a fix though.
No glasses. I have a 12" extention and tryed moving it in and out, no change. I'll have to try another clearifier.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Is your pin in front of the lens or do you have it going through the lens?
I use a down pin and it is in front of the lens