Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bowtech Generals coming apart >

Bowtech Generals coming apart

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Generals coming apart

Old 07-09-2008, 10:40 AM

Default Bowtech Generals coming apart

not to try and smear Bowtechs name....I am actually very impressed with the General. I own a Switchback and I like it much better then my bow.

Anyways my Good hunting buddy has been wanting to buy a new bow. We went to a bow shop in Montpieler OH this last weekend and he shot the DXT, the Ross, the Katera, and a few different Bowtechs. He felt hands down the General was his favorite. Make a long story short, another customer walks in the bow shop looking around..(he was a friend of the Bow shop owner) and pulls back a general that was brand new. He gets 1/3 of the way through the draw and it explodes. I have never witnessed this happening before but it was something I hope I never see again. Anyways my buddy still bought the General even though seeing this happen. We got home and started doing some research and have found that this is not the first time to have this happen to a general. Was curious if anyone else has had this happen to them or see it happen?
Old 07-09-2008, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech Generals coming apart

I just bought a general and also have the commander...Haven't had any problems yet, but if one of them comes apart I feel confident that bowtech will make it right....In the last 12 year of being around bows I have seen one of everyu brand blow up but it is the company that makes the difference....For example, I was a hoyt guy for a few years but had problems with one of their new bows but they wouldn't make it right...Needless to say I am not a hoyt guy anymore...and I am sure their are several guys out there that have had good luck with hoyt and hoyt service...thats just the way it works out!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 11:03 AM

I have herd several lately go toArchery Talk and do a sertch
Old 07-09-2008, 11:58 AM
bigcountry

But isn't it well known that AT is internets source for misinformation. I didnt' think too many took it seriously.

barry, any pictures of the blowup?

Old 07-09-2008, 12:16 PM

no unfortunatly I do not....but if you would like im sure anyone could go check it out at Parker archery in montpiler Ohio. At the time the bow exploded in the store, I didnt think of it as that big of a deal....I thought wow that was scary and im glad the guy only had a small bruise and cut on his bicep. I didnt realise the severity of the issue untill I seen a few pics of other bows exploding over on AT. If I wouldnt have seen this happen in person I would not believe that there is some merrit to these bows having some issues. I know all bows have had there issue at some point, but when it comes late october and novemember my bow better be ready to go, and not in pieces.....let alone of any injury that could be caused by an exploding bow.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:34 PM
Typical Buck

could have been dry fired before, or any number of reasons, take ALL archerytalk info with a pale of salt....
Old 07-09-2008, 01:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Funny....There is no Parker Archery in Montpiler OH listed on Bowtechs find a dealer page.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:12 PM

If the "research" you did was on Archery Talk......Consider it useless and slanderous.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mobow, there ARE some true stuff over on AT. There have been pictures of almost all of the accounts. You just have to sift through all the tales. Not everything on AT is "useless and slanderous".

Just to let you know, the General impresses me
Old 07-09-2008, 02:07 PM

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

Funny....There is no Parker Archery in Montpiler OH listed on Bowtechs find a dealer page.
your right....I meant bakers archery. Sherm is the owner....he is my neighboring hunter in Michigan.

Quick Reply: Bowtech Generals coming apart

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.