Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bowtech Generals coming apart >

Bowtech Generals coming apart

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Generals coming apart

Old 07-09-2008, 04:25 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech Generals coming apart

I have a new General but am not concerned. I believe in my bow shop guy and in Bowtwch. Anyone could be hunting and have a blowup or something less serious that could put their hunt out of commission. That's why we all have back up bows, right?
Old 07-09-2008, 04:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

Mobow, there ARE some true stuff over on AT. There have been pictures of almost all of the accounts. You just have to sift through all the tales. Not everything on AT is "useless and slanderous".

Just to let you know, the General impresses me
Oh, ok. Since there are pictures, that clears it right up. No way the pics could have been from dry fires, cut strings, or any other means, right?

U R of course right in that there is SOME true stuff over there. But I can tell you that I no longer visit that forum because of all the crap that ISN'T...
Old 07-09-2008, 04:38 PM
Typical Buck

x2
Old 07-09-2008, 10:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've read most of the stories and have seen the pictures over at AT. I agree that after seeing that it's made me triple check my General. But to be honest we don't know the entire story behind those failures. As mobow pointed out there very well could be other factors which lead to a failure.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:20 PM

I own the general and now I am starting to worry, Just the other day I went out shooting and one of the E-clips on the center piviot arm was missing ( not to be found ). If that pin worked its way out I would of been in some trouble. I am a little bit concerned, I hope this thing gets figured out soon.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:36 PM
Fork Horn

a guy that i shoot at competitions with at a local archery shop has a general. his limbs cracked on him yesterday when he drew back and shot while we were at the bow shoot. my uncle had 2 different bowtech bows (not a general) and both have exploded on him at full draw.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:41 PM

Well If a Bow ever blew up in my hands I dont think I would wanna shoot that bow again even after the repairs that thing would be sold, I would be a little cautious drawing any bow back after that.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:46 AM

YEAH genrals are blowing up, yep just a big spontanious combustion. Commanders are melting, the Ally has lost its loyalty and is covering itself in Hoyt stickers, the Airbornes are flying away, the Guardian cant be found.......heh and lets not talk about the TomKat..........

Man Im so tired of hearing smack from a certain group of people saying Generals are blowing up. In 20 years of bowhunting, Shooting I have never seen it! I have seen limbs crack and split, strings break, and dryfire damage....oh yeah I have also seen damage from an idiot with an underspined arrow all in the name of speed. Yeah Bowtech can make a lemon but please, grow up!
Old 07-10-2008, 06:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't think AT is any different than here, there's just more of it. Take this post, is it real? Are the posters in it agendaless? I don't know. If someone check to see if there's a dealer in the town under Parker and saw Baker, doesn't it just make sense the name maybe wrong. Why make a post like that?

If the thing is "blowing up" somebody better do something. Fixing a known problem after the fact isn't taking care of the problem. I do wonder about these claims. By now if they were real I think Bowtec would be in deep legal troubles. As far as I know they're not. Bowtec shooters do seem to be very forgiving, to put it politely. I've read "My bows limbs have crackedX times and Bowtec has always taken care of it".

Old 07-10-2008, 06:44 AM

I love when the Bowtech cheerleeders get all defensive and cant see evidence that there is a problem with the General! Im not ripping on Bowtech one bit. I think the General is probably the best shooting bow I have shot (blows away the DXT).With that being said it can be the best shooting bow on the market but Bowtech needs to figure out whats causing this issue.

wait heres another thread started last night....

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=716935

Im not in bed with any bow manufacturer, but I feel everyone that is in the market to purchasing a bow needs to be aware of all of the pros and cons to each bow. Hands down from my experience the General is the smoothest, least hand shock bow I have ever shot.

Quick Reply: Bowtech Generals coming apart

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.