Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Stabillizers

Old 07-06-2008, 08:33 PM

Default Stabillizers

Getting ready to purchase a Mathews DXT. Was wondering what the best stabilizer is for this bow?

Thanks
Old 07-09-2008, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Stabillizers

I get alot of feedback from people and it seems the six inch stealth is a perfect match for that bow!

I prefer a little more length&weight on my personal bows,heres my Switchback with an eight inch Stealth on it!

Old 07-09-2008, 11:47 PM
Fork Horn

i have a 10 in. AEP stabilizer($50-$60) on my trykon. it has a place on the front where u can add and remove weights to get the best feel. i had a s-coil on there before that one. i can hold way more steady with it on than the s-coil. maybe this will help
Old 07-10-2008, 11:52 AM

Go with something from the limbsavers line. They seem to work the the best.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've tried several different weights and lengths on my DXT and the best feelling stabilizer I've found is the Limbsaver S-coil. Congrats on your DXT.... it's an exceptional bow!
Old 07-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some stabilizers will add weight to the front of the bow. Some are so light you won't know they are there. The best advice would be to go to your local shop and ask to try out a few that you might like. If you want something to just add some extra vibration dampening then go with the Sims. However if you want to add some more weight or balance the front of the bow go with something like the Stealth stabilizers. On my Switchback I ended up going with the 6" Stealth. It added just enough weight and good vibration dampening.
Old 07-12-2008, 03:28 PM

If you are looking for a stabilizer to help stabalize the bow, you want a longer stabilzer. Something around 8-10.5" with weight on the front should do the trick. Many people suggest the Limbsaver S-coil. While this is a good vibration dampener it doesnt do much for stabalizing the bow. Your best bet is to find one that will do both. Some good ones to look at are Stealth(as mentioned), Doinker, and Octanes. Good luck finding the right one for your setup!
Old 07-12-2008, 07:50 PM

Thanks guys
Old 07-12-2008, 09:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Limbsavers "S-coil" defenitely does the job!
Old 07-21-2008, 06:01 AM
Fork Horn

Heres an excellent example of a good stabilizer setup for 3Dcompetition,as you can see this bow is setup with front and rear stabilizers!Just having some mass weight helps steady your aim,the trend towards lighter and lighter bows and accessories is not really good for making the bow shoot/aim better.
Although most people dont go with this long of a stabilizer for hunting, the same factors that make for an accurate forgiving 3D bow apply to your hunting rig!
If you want asilentforgiving and accuratehunting rig,my best advice is dont go with a super light weight stabilizer.......there are many better choices!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.