Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Trophy Ridge X-Changer (with limb saver tech.) or Stealth Hunter Stabilizer? >

Trophy Ridge X-Changer (with limb saver tech.) or Stealth Hunter Stabilizer?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Trophy Ridge X-Changer (with limb saver tech.) or Stealth Hunter Stabilizer?

Old 03-01-2003, 04:44 PM

Default Trophy Ridge X-Changer (with limb saver tech.) or Stealth Hunter Stabilizer?

Hey guys,

Now I am in a little dilema. I am trying to decide on what stabilizer I want to upgrade to for my new MightyMite. These are the two that I am considering right now. They both look rather impressive.

The Stealth Hunter seems to be a great stabilizer, and I have heard nothing but good about them. I do believe they are some of the worst looking stabilizers I have seen [X(] but, looks aren' t my top priority. If the Stealth Hunter comes in camo it would look much better. Also, I would like to see a little more info on the dual chambers. Does one chamber strictly work on just the riser and one just on the rest? I am not sure about this, it sounds good, but I just can' t see a arrow rest making much of a difference.

The Trophy Ridge X-Changer looks great, and I really like the idea of having an extendable stabilizer to help fine tune where the weight is. This would seem to help balance the bow better than any other non-extendable stabilizers. Also, I really like the Simms products and this uses them. I am just wondering how heavy are these stabilizers?

Has anyone had experience with these two stabilizers and what was your experience? Thanks.
Old 03-01-2003, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trophy Ridge X-Changer (with limb saver tech.) or Stealth Hunter Stabilizer?

They are only copying what GKF has already done.

http://www.goldenkeyarchery.com/home.htm
Old 03-01-2003, 05:14 PM

Default RE: Trophy Ridge X-Changer (with limb saver tech.) or Stealth Hunter Stabilizer?

How do you figure?

I looked at the Golden Keys and don' t see many similarities. The Trophy Ride and Golden Key Tranquilizer uses Simms technology but thats about it.
Old 03-01-2003, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

Buck Magnet,
Last summer, I tested several stabs with a sound meter, and the Stealth won, hands down. The golden Key Tranquilizer is filled with pieces of Navcom, and although it does a great job, it is made out of plastic.
Contact Jerry at www.stealtharchery.com, and he' lll tell you of camo options for the Stealth.
Trebark
Old 03-01-2003, 08:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jason,
Believe it or not the flat black anodized Stealths actually look quite good on the BowTechs. But if fashion is a concern....
Like Trebark said you could contact Jerry at Stealth and he' ll have it dipped for a price...........or you could get yourself some " Camoclad" .
" Camoclad" is that vinyl camo material that is super thin and you can camo trucks and guns and just about anything with. The stuff is super tough and easy to work with , and its so thin and sticks so well that when applied it looks like a factory finish.
You can get a sheet in " Advantage Timber" and you' ll have enough left over to camo all you accessories and probably the family dog if you so chose...... It' s neat stuff.
Either way i know you won' t be dissapointed in the stabilizer itself.
Old 03-02-2003, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

Buck Magnet,
The Stealth stabilizer is designed to take advantage of 2 different technologys to help absorb vibration and quiet your bow,thus the dual chambers!
The bows limbs and strings give off most of the vibration,but anything mounted to the bow is going to give off some vibration,bow mounted quivers are a big culprit.
Some types of arrowrests are going to have more vibration than others.
The technology the stealth uses to absorb these different frequency vibrations is a proprietary liquid and proprietary granular mix!
The dual chamber design also makes the balance of the stabilizer 60/40 which means that you can change the balance of your setup by simply flipping the stabilizer around and mounting it back on your bow,you have just moved the weight closer to the bow making it feel lighter!
I do offer the option of camo dipping in most of the popular patterns,but as Matt said the CamoClad is much cheaper!
Jerry
Old 03-02-2003, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am pretty reluctant to spend money on stuff unless I see an advantage to it. I heard all the praise of the Stealth stabilizers, and bought one. I am very impressed with the job it does for me and my bows.

I don' t really know anything about the Trophy Ridge, so I guess I am a few steps behind BPS!
Old 03-10-2003, 10:49 AM

i have the trophy ridge exchanger(i' m on their advisory staff ) , it' s a little light for my tastes ,i like a little more weight ,even when you open it up you can' t tell much of a difference. however with all the navcom on it and the vibration it takes away it does its job well even though it is a little on the light side ,let see how it does when my new bow comes in!
Old 03-11-2003, 09:43 AM

I shoot a stealth let me tell you my bow was quiet but with the stealth its wisper quiet....best thing i' ve seen in years ..the others were too light ... I get good balance with the stealth IMO.... this is a non-solisiited endorsment!!!![&:][:-]
Old 03-13-2003, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' ll put in a vote for the EXCHANGER--it feels just right to me.