HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   String and Peep sight. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/250228-string-peep-sight.html)

DannyD 06-23-2008 08:37 AM

String and Peep sight.

I have a basic peep that splits the string in three sections.One of the strings is now in line with the peep hole and i can't see through the peep. Why? How do i fix it?

cwillard 06-23-2008 09:25 AM

RE: String and Peep sight.

no joke intended but switch to a different peep. Over time bowstrings stretch and this what causes peeps to not line up right. If you have problems with your string twisting, put a peep with a rubber tube and if you don't have a problem with your string twisting bad, i would put a G5 Meta Hunter peep on it.

nubo 06-23-2008 11:05 AM

I agree with Cwilard, I'd go to a G5 peep ,it split's your string in 2 and if your slightly out of rotation ,you just start bringing 1 strand at a time,to the other side [Direction you need to turn],till it's right on.

nubo

98Redline 06-24-2008 06:02 AM

I agree with the above posters however before I would go to a peep without an aligner, I would invest in a good set of custom strings.

A peep without an aligner relys heavily on the fact that your string will be stable and not move over time or temperature conditions, a situation that seems to be the exception with most factory strings. Continually trying to twist your loop or move a couple of strands this way or that can literally make keeping your bow set up properly no fun at all.

The peep that you are describing such as a Shurz-a-peep is better than one with no aligner but you run the risk of having to deal with one of the strands being in your field of view (your condition now). Unless you know for a fact that your strings are stable and don't move, get one with an aligner and know that your peep will be right there when you need it to be.

If you prefer to be without an aligner, the custom string route is the way to go before going to the two sided/no aligner peep like the G5.

DannyD 06-28-2008 07:46 PM

when you say aligner, do you mean the kind with the rubber tube that stretches?

Virginia Archer 06-28-2008 09:35 PM

ORIGINAL: DannyD

when you say aligner, do you mean the kind with the rubber tube that stretches?
Yes, thats what they mean.....that way your peep comes back to the same spot everytime......until you get a good set of strings on the bow. Once you get a good set of strings I'd switch to a peep without the rubber hose!! If you do use the one with the rubber hose one thing is make sure you replace it yearly, Rubber can dry rot with heat and stuff over summer and it will break and Pop you right in the Eye. keep a Fresh not dryrotted one on there so you don't have that Problem Becouse it hurts VERY VeRY bad!!