HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Anyone try Stone Mountain? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/249742-anyone-try-stone-mountain.html)

AZHuntr 06-18-2008 08:10 AM

Anyone try Stone Mountain?

Has anyone tried the Dakota strings from stone mountain bowstrings? Any pros cons? My archery shop is really pushing these guys and I wanted some others opinions before I buy them for my Hoyt Vulcan.

cwillard 06-18-2008 12:15 PM

RE: Anyone try Stone Mountain?

I am a hoyt dealer andhave shot the stoneymountain strings. They are okay strings but they are no winners choice. Winners Choice is my favorite then I like the fuse strings next. All new hoyts come with FUSE custom strings.

early in 06-18-2008 12:20 PM

ORIGINAL: cwillard

I am a hoyt dealer andhave shot the stoneymountain strings. They are okay strings but they are no winners choice. Winners Choice is my favorite then I like the fuse strings next. All new hoyts come with FUSE custom strings.
I have an '07 Vectrix XL whichcame withFUSE strings.Are they the same "custom strings" you speak of?

Ed McDonald 06-18-2008 01:21 PM

Parker Bows uses the Stone Mountain Dakota strings .............

cwillard 06-18-2008 01:41 PM

yes that is what they call their "custom strings" but i should have included in the first post it is still a factory string. FUSE also makes 3 different grades of strings also.

Chasebaker 06-18-2008 02:13 PM

I've heard nothing but bad things about Dakota Strings

I use Twisted Archer Custom Bowstrings... look him up on archerytalk (twistedarcher)

wis_bow_huntr 06-19-2008 05:22 AM

Nope, but been stoned on a mountain once..:D

AZHuntr 06-19-2008 07:49 AM

Yeah I like winner's choice too but my shop guy is all hyped on these strings. I iwll probably stick with winner's choice.

Lady Forge 06-20-2008 07:55 PM

I personnally have been shooting exclusively Stone Mountain Dakota Prestreched Bowstrings for many years and have nothing but good experiences with them so heck ya I asked them for sponsorship.:D

I have been a Archery Pro Shop Manager and Technician for the last 3 years and have hadthe opportunity to tryalot of different strings and had many companies offer me free strings and I have turned them down cause I am more than happly with Stone Mountain's Strings.

I find the Stock Fuse Strings on the Hoytsto be seriously lacking,definitly go for the upgrade in strings unless you want to constantly re sync your cams from the string and cable strech.

Acctually the String of choice by most of the Archers in my area being Bowhunters and ASA and IBO 3D Competitorsis Stone Mountain Dakota Prestreched Bowstrings.

I feel the Winners Choice are good as well as Gibblets, Vapor Trail and the G5 Metrao Strings.