Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 What are the best strings? >

What are the best strings?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What are the best strings?

Old 06-16-2008, 02:03 PM

Default What are the best strings?

I know very little about top quality strings and what makes them. I do not want to know what to look for in strings, rather, what is the best as far as brand goes. This is a hard question to answer without bias. I forgot to wax my strings on my 82nd airborne and they are turning white and starting to fray. Also, I don't want to use a rubber tube, because it will slow the arrow speed. Anyway, let me know.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What are the best strings?

There are several good string makersout there of high quality. I personally have used Gibblet's strings from here on HNI for probably 15+ sets on my own personal bows now and I honestly feel their quality is as good as anything out there, and he is using materials that I feel are superior to a lot of the other big names. They are of excellent quality, and his service is better than just about anyone I have seen in any industry. He will go the extra mile at his expense to make sure you are taken care of and happy. Just my thoughts, but I'd give him a shot and see what he can do for you.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:40 PM

I also use Bucknasty (Gibblet) strings exclusively; but prior to that, was fairly happy with Winner's Choice. Gibblet has better workmanship, though - as well as great customer service and reasonable prices.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm a fan of B2 Bowstrings...(Nathan Brooks). There are a ton of good string builders though.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:01 PM
Fork Horn

In my opinion, Winners Choice is the best factory string on the market. I work on bows and have shot tons of different brands, and these provide the least amount of stretch. BUT factory strings are no match for a good custom string.I have not tried them yet but have heard nothing but good about Gibblet.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:02 PM
Fork Horn

Vapor trail has been really good to me. Great service and super fast shipping.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:53 PM

I just purchased some H&M bowstrings from AT member. I haven't received them yet to give any feedback, but everyone else raved about them on AT. Best price I found as well. Here is his website.

http://www.hmbowstrings.com/
Old 06-24-2008, 12:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really like the Rock Solids I put on my Bear Instinct today...real nice!
Old 06-24-2008, 03:50 AM
Bartender

I went from a Hoyt string to winners choice and thus far I likeit alot.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:38 AM

I have used Vapor Trail and I have used Wolfden and have been extremely please with both. My next set will come from Gibblit. I know he builds a great string.

Quick Reply: What are the best strings?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.