Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Binary cam lean? >

Binary cam lean?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Binary cam lean?

Old 06-11-2008, 11:13 PM

Default Binary cam lean?

I changed my 101st modules from 29 to 29.5. Was getting excessive wear on my cable serving, checked the draw stop & it was right, checked the string stop on the module, was right to. put a dab of white-out on serving so when I drew back I could see on the module where it was rubbing. It was on the module below the string stop. HMM nick in the module mabey?
I reserved the cable, put new modules on, timmed it, made 4 shots, it started doing it again. Went through this process 3 or 4 times switchin mods, re-serving, and timming etc.....So being the expert-tech-superbow-junkey I am, I put a peice of cammo duct-tape on the area where it was rubbingIt works!!!....for now.
After further inspection I noticed a verry slight lean in th bottom cam. How can I fix this? Its not cutting the serving real bad but it is premature wear, about a 1/8-1/16 area. It never did it with the 29" mods, so could the verry slight lean be causing it? Its kinda got me agrivated cuz its only a couple months old and I paid alota money for it.........but never the less "If ya cant duct it,................
Old 06-11-2008, 11:14 PM

Default RE: Binary cam lean?

sorry, 1/8-3/16 area
Old 06-12-2008, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it even possible to correct cam lean with a binary? There's no yoke system, so how would you compensate for it? For what it's worth, I'm going through a similar issue with my 101st. Read my thread a few done from this. Basically, my cables are almost entirely missing my draw stop modules, causing the cables to be pinched, and creating excessive wear on the serving. Fun isn't it?
Old 06-12-2008, 11:33 AM

Supposedly the 2009 Elites have been able to cure cam lean in Trinaries.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MNJOE

Supposedly the 2009 Elites have been able to cure cam lean in binaries.
Shhhhh....you can't say binary and Elite in the same sentence. It makes the residents of HNI very agitated. [8D]
Old 06-12-2008, 12:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

ORIGINAL: MNJOE

Supposedly the 2009 Elites have been able to cure cam lean in binaries.
Shhhhh....you can't say binary and Elite in the same sentence. It makes the residents of HNI very agitated. [8D]
Sorry, fixed it.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

No, Trinaries are a High Country thing. Elite calls theirs Binaries, like Bowtech. I was just joking about it.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Host of Hosts

Call Bowtech tech support they'll help you out.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PABuck_HNTR

Call Bowtech tech support they'll help you out.
I think that's my next step. I'll try tomorrow.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:11 AM

I called bowtech, received absolutly no help from them, cept the tech said that slight cam lean is normal.....ok? He blamed the serving wear on my serving job or the post setting was wrong,.....anyway seeing as how the problem dident start till I swapped modules from 29" to 29.5 I went back to the 29" modules and have shot several times since with no problems!!!! 29" is still comfotable for me to shoot and I only lost about 3 or 4 fps.
What ticks me off is the local dealers, (cept one who realy isent local) had no clue what the post settingsshould have been,The tech @ bowtech was a either a dummy or was having a bad day! I never had problems dealing with Bowtech/Diamond techs in the past, and probably wont in the future but he pi$$ed me off.
So in conclusion, I have found that the 29.5" modules for a 101st do not do well on MY bow, dont know why but who cares Im back in buisness. I just hope I never have to deal with that same guy @ bowtech...anyway good luck with yours MGH.

Quick Reply: Binary cam lean?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.