Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 ok, Im paranoid..... >

ok, Im paranoid.....

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

ok, Im paranoid.....

Old 06-08-2008, 06:53 PM

Default ok, Im paranoid.....

my new bow is great, but from the beginning I have had this ticking noise on the time I draw the bow and then it doesn't do it anymore. it's not too loud, but just a little tick as soon as i start to pull the bow back, after I do that it goes away until next time I take it out to shoot. I don't think it's the rest because it's the QAD and I can see when the pull rope moves and it does it before that happens. so it's either in the cam or on the cable slide.... any thoughts or am I just paranoid and need to shut up and shoot the damn bow???
Old 06-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ok, Im paranoid.....

I had a darton that woul do that , first cycle and it would tick then it wouldn't do it again till next shooting day....I never got it fixed or figured out, I would just pull it a couple cycles before heading to the stand. Good luck with it, I tried like haties to figure out what was going on with that bow, like to have drove me crazy....I took it apart 1000 times all the way down to the axles and bearings.....Everything looked normal, I even swapped cams and axles off of another bow that wasn'e doing it......I think I lost most of my hair during that time....
Old 06-08-2008, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

my new bow is great, but from the beginning I have had this ticking noise on the time I draw the bow and then it doesn't do it anymore. it's not too loud, but just a little tick as soon as i start to pull the bow back, after I do that it goes away until next time I take it out to shoot. I don't think it's the rest because it's the QAD and I can see when the pull rope moves and it does it before that happens. so it's either in the cam or on the cable slide.... any thoughts or am I just paranoid and need to shut up and shoot the damn bow???
Not to worry, it's probably just that top limb they tick a long time before they completely explode!!!!! Is it a laminated limb like on a Hoyt or Elite??? They're a lot safer when they bustthan the solid glass or carbon ones!!! Hope so for your face and brain's sake!!!! No reason to be paranoid though, a good plastic surgeon can probably put your scalp back on with minimal scarring, and maybe even get some of the hair to re-grow when it happens!!!

Old 06-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Fork Horn

My Drenalin would do that also, it was the plastic connectors that the yoke connects to on the top limb. There is a mold line on the connector that was clicking on the limb, I just took them off and sanded them a little to remove the mold line, and problem solved.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Alot of Hoyts used to do that and it was usually the limbs in the pocket.A little grease in the limb pockets would cure the issue but that doesn't seem to be an issue with the Hoyts now.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Fork Horn

I had a Hoyt that would do that, like yours, on the fist pull of the session and then was fine till next shooting session. Best I recall, it was something to do with the cable guard slide.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

My PSE does it. Mine is in the cable guard rod. I just have to take it out and adjust it, then it's all better. Every bow company seems to have something that makes them tick.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:44 AM

good , so Im not paranoid?? I think it is in the cablebar slidealso, not worry, I will just deal with it!!! thanks guys!!!
Old 06-09-2008, 08:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Not to worry, it's probably just that top limb they tick a long time before they completely explode!!!!! Is it a laminated limb like on a Hoyt or Elite??? They're a lot safer when they bustthan the solid glass or carbon ones!!! Hope so for your face and brain's sake!!!! No reason to be paranoid though, a good plastic surgeon can probably put your scalp back on with minimal scarring, and maybe even get some of the hair to re-grow when it happens!!!

And I thought DT had quite the imagination!!! Too funny.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:17 AM

try taking the cams off and using the rightkind of lube on all parts that wear. my girl friends older hoyt does it, usually one lube lasts all season.

Quick Reply: ok, Im paranoid.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.