Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bow painting/dipping? >

Bow painting/dipping?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bow painting/dipping?

Old 06-05-2008, 01:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bow painting/dipping?

I saw your email, I'll get the check in the mail followed by the bow on Friday or Monday. I was brought up on goose hunting but Michigan was never awesome but it was great fun with my Dad and Nephew. My Dad has since stopped hunting so we've been going to Manitoba with 5-6 guys for the past 8-10 years. I have been bit by the compound bow bug these days and I can't get enough of it. I started Turkey hunting with a bow and that is a lot of fun...quite a few birds around here. You have a great state over there. I've stayed in Dillion to ski the summit a few times...neat town.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Chasebaker

Gene... do you have a website?

Do you have pictures of clients product?

What if I send you my Archery Sight...how would you go with it? Like Take pins out?..etc
I do have a website, but it has nothing to do with bow finishing (xspotoutfitters.com). I bought the stuff because I wanted to do a couple of my own firearms. I got the wild urge to due one of my bows and showed a couple of friends and the rest is kind of history.

I do have a before and after of my bow that I can post or send to you sometime this evening if you are interested.

Depends on what type of sight you have... Some are more difficult to take apart than others. I have done 2 G5 sights and those are very easy, the entire pin set comes out as one piece, I masked off the moving parts, took out the harmonic dampener and that was it. What kind of sight do you have and I can be more specific. If you are asking how I want to receive it, I would prefer you take it apart so there are fewer parts for me to keep track of.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

Gene,

Post some pictures if you would!!!
Old 06-05-2008, 04:31 PM

Here is my XT. The only thing different was I painted and older quiver hood.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:05 PM
Fork Horn

Looks really nice. How do you deal with the deals on the bow? Remove them, leave them and mask them or just go over them with the dura coat?
Old 06-05-2008, 09:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Hoytrocks

Looks really nice. How do you deal with the deals on the bow? Remove them, leave them and mask them or just go over them with the dura coat?
I remove everything that can be; unless the owner wants it to be dura coated. If it can't be removed, I mask it. Honestly, the masking drives me crazy. I hate over-spray and I would not want it on something that I own, so I spend hours getting the mask just right so it does not happen on someone elses. My wife thinks I am crazy but I will probably spend more time masking and getting it just perfect that I will on the actual dura coat application.

Of course some of the stuff that comes off like the cable guards can be painted another color for contrast which also looks cool!!!
Old 06-06-2008, 04:26 AM
Fork Horn

If I send contrast color parts I'll be sure to let you know. Did you order more decals from Mathews to replace the others cause I see some on your bow and I think red would be an awesome contrast color. It should be on the way today.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:32 AM

If I send contrast color parts I'll be sure to let you know. Did you order more decals from Mathews to replace the others cause I see some on your bow and I think red would be an awesome contrast color. It should be on the way today.
Yes, I ordered decals... I am not sure, but I think ona Hoyt, the limbs have a painted on "Hoyt" instead of a sticker. If you wanted the Hoyt logo, I would leave that up to you to order and put on yourself.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:41 AM
Fork Horn

No problem, I'll get a hold of Hoyt and get some decals from them. I was wondering what you thought of doing the limb pockets red?
Old 06-06-2008, 08:32 AM

No problem, I'll get a hold of Hoyt and get some decals from them. I was wondering what you thought of doing the limb pockets red?
I think it would look good. If you are going for a bow you can use in the blind, I would go with a dull red.

Quick Reply: Bow painting/dipping?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.