Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bow painting/dipping? >

Bow painting/dipping?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bow painting/dipping?

Old 06-04-2008, 02:29 PM

Default RE: Bow painting/dipping?

I think so. Will e-mail him tonight and get back to you.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:56 AM
Fork Horn

Anyone have news on the pricing?
Old 06-05-2008, 11:45 AM

Yes I can do the limbs also... It is $75 for the riser and $25 for the limbs. I can also do the quiver hood and sight.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Where are ya located Gene?
Old 06-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

Gene,

That sounds good to me...couple questions. What are my color options? I'd like to have some kind of 2 or 3 tone black camo pattern but not a big deal...I'd like a matte finish if possible. I'd like to get the quiver, limbs, and riser done. How does it have to be shipped? Do you want it broken down? This is a Hoyt, Vectrix and the quiver is just a Alpine, Sure Loc. How many have you done and how is is holding up?
Old 06-05-2008, 12:16 PM

ORIGINAL: bowtechben

Where are ya located Gene?
Pueblo West, Colorado
Old 06-05-2008, 12:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Hoytrocks

Gene,

That sounds good to me...couple questions. What are my color options? I'd like to have some kind of 2 or 3 tone black camo pattern but not a big deal...I'd like a matte finish if possible. I'd like to get the quiver, limbs, and riser done. How does it have to be shipped? Do you want it broken down? This is a Hoyt, Vectrix and the quiver is just a Alpine, Sure Loc. How many have you done and how is is holding up?
As far as colors...Dura Coat comes in 116colors. Hard to believe there are that many when Crayons only come in a box of 64!!! To be honest, if you are not looking for a detailed camo pattern, I could do that. However, I prefer to do solid colors. The matte black is an awsome finish. As far as shipping, I prefer it to be broken down. Just send the limbs, bare riser and quiver. Pull everything off that you do not want that color. I will mask the obvious. For instance, on Matthews bow, they have their coin logo set on both sides of the riser, so I would mask those. UPS would probably be the best way.. If it is broken down, it can come in a much smaller box.

I have done 9 bows to date and quite a number of guns and this stuff holds up extremely well. To give you and idea, I own my own outfitter business and spend approx. 40 days a season in the waterfowl blind. I had my Rem 11-87 done with the matte black in August of last year, and when I cleaned it in Feb. you could not tell that the thing had ever been in the field or blinds that year.

One more thing; it will take about week turn around time. I will prep it the day that it arrives and depending on the humidity level is when I can start it. After I finish, I like to let it "cure" for at least 2 more days.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks

Gene
Old 06-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Fork Horn

I'm in. What is your address? I'll send the riser, limbs and quiver out and do it in the black matte and if you can do a black camo great otherwise one solid color is fine. I should have it in the mail by Monday if not on Friday via UPS. I'll need the address and if you wish just send it via email if you don't want it on here. I'll hit your email with my phone and cell. So you are a duck hunter huh? I had done quite a bit of hunting for geese in Michigan and we used to go up to Manitoba for the ducks once a year but haven't been there in a few years....water levels went up, wild rice went down....not nearly as many ducks....could be something else but we are blaming the water levels....
Old 06-05-2008, 01:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Hoytrocks

I'm in. What is your address? I'll send the riser, limbs and quiver out and do it in the black matte and if you can do a black camo great otherwise one solid color is fine. I should have it in the mail by Monday if not on Friday via UPS. I'll need the address and if you wish just send it via email if you don't want it on here. I'll hit your email with my phone and cell. So you are a duck hunter huh? I had done quite a bit of hunting for geese in Michigan and we used to go up to Manitoba for the ducks once a year but haven't been there in a few years....water levels went up, wild rice went down....not nearly as many ducks....could be something else but we are blaming the water levels....
Sent you my info via email.....

I am duck hunter only because goose season starts after duck season. I love to hunt geese over decoys. If I am not takeing clients out, I am in the goose field. An even better day is a full bag of both!!!
Old 06-05-2008, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gene... do you have a website?

Do you have pictures of clients product?

What if I send you my Archery Sight...how would you go with it? Like Take pins out?..etc

Quick Reply: Bow painting/dipping?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.