HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   brace height issues with fall away rest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/24780-brace-height-issues-fall-away-rest.html)

azmedman 02-26-2003 11:46 AM

brace height issues with fall away rest

I am in the market for a new bow and have been looking at several issues such as brace height, ata length, speed, cam type, etc. As an additional issue, I am looking at fall away rests. I currently have a shoot through rest. So, now to the question...with a fall away rest do you have to worry about a short brace height as much as with a more traditional rest? Any input would be appreciated.

Rack-attack 02-26-2003 12:03 PM

RE: brace height issues with fall away rest

My short answer is Yes.:D

ijimmy 02-26-2003 12:16 PM

I will say yes allso . It makes them slightly more dificult to set up corectly but when done so you get the advantage of less chance for fletching contact .

dick_cress 02-26-2003 12:30 PM

My FX has a 7 1/2" Brace height and by pro standards that is a short Brace Height.

I confess I started out with a Quicktune 1000 shoot through and I had little problems tuning it. Then I changed to the Quicktune 4000. It improved my arrow speed slightly and the accuracy to driving tacks.

I can' t say that others haven' t had problems all I can add is that it has not caused me any problems except making slight adjustments to my sight pins.

DoninVa 02-28-2003 12:17 PM

I put a Muzzy zero effect on a Parker with a 7 7/8" brace height and a Bowtech mighty mite with a 7.2 and had zero problems with it. I can time the arrow to drop anywhere I would like it to. Don

azmedman 02-28-2003 02:00 PM

It sounds like a bit of a mixed opinion. One of the bows that I like all of the features on is the new Mathews LX. However, it has a very short brace height (6 5/8" ), which worries me. I was thinking that with such a short brace height maybe a fall away rest would lessen the effect of such a long powerstroke on accuracy. I haven' t been able to shoot it yet because my local dealer doesn' t have one yet.

tech 02-28-2003 02:41 PM

Azmedman check out the new ZE-Rest from muzzy that fits the Legacy,Icon, As well as the new LX from mathews. Brace height does not matter with this rest.

Deleted User 02-28-2003 03:19 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

ijimmy 02-28-2003 07:31 PM

The one rest I think will definately work would be a trapdoor rest and besides that I would think a trophy taker would work allso