HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   broke my thruth 2 already (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/247760-broke-my-thruth-2-already.html)

killzonearchery 05-30-2008 04:06 PM

broke my thruth 2 already

I was shooting today, and i looked up and the surpressors of the fram has already broke in to. Both the rubber surpressors ripped and im amd as heck. I just bought it not a week ago. Im mad as can be and i just want to throw it throught the wall. Now i have to take it back to the shop and c if they will fix it and if they dont then im goin to trade it in and get the bowtech tomcat.

fjp326 05-30-2008 04:58 PM

RE: broke my thruth 2 already

They better fix it. If not throw it throughtheir wall! Good luck...

BungalowBizz 05-30-2008 04:59 PM

I'm sure they will take care of it for you.

MeanV2 05-30-2008 05:06 PM

No need to be upset. Things happen! I'm sure they will take care of you and that is what really matters.;)

Dan

SwampCollie 05-30-2008 06:14 PM

They will take care of you assuming that Bear sent them a dealer kit with replacement suppressors. I've had the Truth 2 on the Shelf since March and I haven't seen the first thing from them. Next to PSE, they are the worst company to deal with.

BGfisher 05-30-2008 07:09 PM

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

No need to be upset. Things happen! I'm sure they will take care of you and that is what really matters.;)

Dan
I agree with Dan. Bows are manmade and as such can have some failures or other mishaps. It's nothing to fly off the handle about. Just shows your immaturity.
Maybe while you're at the shop they can do something about that grip.

killzonearchery 05-30-2008 09:47 PM

I no but man if it has not even been 4 days and the bow already broke. I thinkin of trading it in for the bowtech tomkat if it keeps having problems.

western outdoors 05-31-2008 08:27 AM

I have nothing but good things to say about Bear Archery's customer service. They have always answered my questions right away and taken care of me. I had one instance where my local shop wasn't doing anything for me. I bypassed the shop, and talked straight to Bear myself. They told me to send the bow to them directly. Fortuntely, another shop found that one of my yoke's just needed a few twists in the cableand problem solved. I also contacted Bear asking about where to get replacement rubber suppressors when they wear out. They said to just contact them, and they would send out new ones. So if it is just the rubber, contact Bear if your local shop doesn't replace them. Don't get discouraged on the Truth 2. It is a nice bow. You must have gotten a defective set of stoppers. I haven't had any problems other than standard wear on mine.I doknow how you feel. I was down in the dumps too when mine wasn't tuning correctly. Allit turned out to be was that simple few twists in the cable. Sotry to keep positive.ALL BOW MANUFACTURERS have their problems.

Rory/MO 05-31-2008 09:32 AM

i havent had ANY problems with mine, and ive had it over 3 months now.

Doegirl75 06-01-2008 01:41 AM

Killzone, please utilize the spellcheck before you post. It's generally considered rude and in bad form to call someone out for bad spelling and grammar. However, I honestly had a tough time deciphering what you said in the initial post. I'm sure I'm not the only one. For your benefit and ours, the spell check is the checkmark with the letters ABC above it.

OHbowhntr 06-01-2008 06:15 AM

ORIGINAL: Doegirl75

Killzone, please utilize the spellcheck before you post. It's generally considered rude and in bad form to call someone out for bad spelling and grammar. However, I honestly had a tough time deciphering what you said in the initial post. I'm sure I'm not the only one. For your benefit and ours, the spell check is the checkmark with the letters ABC above it.
+1, maks me amd as hlel win i cant figyur owt wut sum 1 is say'n!!!! J/K'ing Killzone.

But, the unforuntate thing is, my HNI doesn't have that option, and his may not either.

The Rev 06-01-2008 06:48 AM

ORIGINAL: Doegirl75

Very pleasant reply. May of us would have come off like tyrants. :DGood job.

killzonearchery 06-01-2008 09:42 AM

I can spell good, i just never take the time to do it becuase i type to fast and dont look up.

Alpha Capo 06-01-2008 09:57 AM

spail chek iz ferYard Berds...yu gize reelly uze that feechure.

i tipe porlie and my punktwoashun aint graite....shewt me wi dont yu

i didnt hav anee problumns figerin owt whut he sayd

Rory/MO 06-01-2008 12:04 PM

ORIGINAL: killzonearchery

I can spell good, i just never take the time to do it becuase i type to fast and dont look up.
youre not supposed to be looking at your hands anyway, im at around 60 words a minute, and i dont look up either but i dton sepll lkie this 2 offen etierh

killzonearchery 06-01-2008 10:35 PM

well i do look at my hands and i probly have better frammer then most. But i have to look at my hands becuase i cant stare at the screen and type. I dont get on comp much, i text 99 percent of the time.

Doegirl75 06-01-2008 10:50 PM

well i do look at my hands and i probly have better frammer then most. But i have to look at my hands becuase i cant stare at the screen and type. I dont get on comp much, i text 99 percent of the time.
[&o]...

Rory/MO 06-01-2008 10:53 PM

lol that kind of ruined your case i think;)

killzonearchery 06-02-2008 08:41 AM

well c when i text i have to look down and i text talk. which for most people that dont know what that is,it means u cut most the words down to make them short so u dont use as much space. I just now got out of high school and i graduated with honors.I can spell fine when i want to, but im not always tryin to if im in a rush doin other stuff. Most of the time when im on here im also on my my space talkin to people and also instant messaging people and texting. Its hard to do all that at once.

Rory/MO 06-02-2008 08:55 AM

well c when i text i have to look down and i text talk. which for most people that dont know what that is,it means u cut most the words down to make them short so u dont use as much space. I just now got out of high school and i graduated with honors.I can spell fine when i want to, but im not always tryin to if im in a rush doin other stuff. Most of the time when im on here im also on my my space talkin to people and also instant messaging people and texting. Its hard to do all that at once.
im still in high school, i know what it is
were just messing with you man

Ben / PA 06-02-2008 10:52 AM

Spell check or no spell check, sounds like you want a tomkat man. Why don't you just take your broke Bear back, and ask if you can have a credit towards the bow you really want? Life's too short to shoot a bow that you aren't crazy about.

Doegirl75 06-02-2008 03:31 PM

ORIGINAL: bowtechben

Spell check or no spell check, sounds like you want a tomkat man. Why don't you just take your broke Bear back, and ask if you can have a credit towards the bow you really want? Life's too short to shoot a bow that you aren't crazy about.
Absolutely, go snag a Tomkat if that's your hearts desire[8D]

killzonearchery 06-02-2008 05:17 PM

well i took the bear back and got another bow and now its messing up and its makeing me mad. I think im goin to go get a mathews.

MeanV2 06-02-2008 05:18 PM

well i took the bear back and got another bow and now its messing up and its makeing me mad. I think im goin to go get a mathews.
:D:D

Dan

millerhunter13 06-02-2008 05:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

i havent had ANY problems with mine, and ive had it over 3 months now.
same here except mine is a instinct, not a truth 2.

millerhunter13 06-02-2008 05:30 PM

sounds like were ever your buying your bows from is doing something wrong

SwampCollie 06-02-2008 05:42 PM

What did you get this time instead of a Tomkat?

And no offense here bro... but a if you are having issues with a Bear... you'll hate a Mathews... they are notorious for breaking those rubber stoppers (I've been through two sets ON A BACK UP BOW!) and I'm always fighting cam lean with the damn thing.

And don't feel bad... I can't spell either.... I don't know what doegirl is talking about with spell check... I don't see anything like that on my screen. :(

Ben / PA 06-02-2008 06:40 PM

what was the other bow that is now messing up? why a mathews? paying more money isn't the answer to life's problems man.....talk to us tell us what is going on....

Rory/MO 06-02-2008 08:59 PM

maybe its the user, and not the machine.
just a thought, no offense meant

SwampCollie 06-02-2008 09:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

maybe its the user, and not the machine.
just a thought, no offense meant

Definately true.

A confession.... I tried to use a push lawnmower as an impromptu bush-hog last week and found a hard piece of an old stump under some briars.... lets just say that the blade doesn't cut level anymore.... infact... its more of a ditch witch....but it ain't Honda's fault that I didn't want to swing a ditch bank blade in a 90 degree sun ;)

killzonearchery 06-02-2008 10:19 PM

well i could be me. but im still hitting dead middle everytime.The pro shop said it is becuase im using a medal nock for my trigger.he said its putting to much weight on my string and thats whats throwing it off. but it was a quest a got for the fred bear. I mean its a good bow i just can have these rubber things and a mathews is the same price.i might tr to get a new bowtech or somthing else.

wis_bow_huntr 06-03-2008 05:47 AM

Bear has a great warranty and will take care of it for you. Bring it to the dealer you bought it at and hell make sure its fixed.

nodog 06-03-2008 04:21 PM

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Dan
Bows are manmade and as such can have some failures or other mishaps. It's nothing to fly off the handle about. Just shows your immaturity.
LOL. Getting kind acrusty in your old age aint ya.:D

nodog 06-03-2008 04:29 PM

well i could be me. but im still hitting dead middle everytime.The pro shop said it is becuase im using a medal nock for my trigger.he said its putting to much weight on my string and thats whats throwing it off. but it was a quest a got for the fred bear. I mean its a good bow i just can have these rubber things and a mathews is the same price.i might tr to get a new bowtech or somthing else.
Sounds like your getting a load of crap which, from my years of dealing with "pro shops" isn't an unusual thing.

The very best thing you can do is become your own pro shop and figure out why the problem is happening.

Doegirl75 06-04-2008 07:32 AM

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

What did you get this time instead of a Tomkat?

And no offense here bro... but a if you are having issues with a Bear... you'll hate a Mathews... they are notorious for breaking those rubber stoppers (I've been through two sets ON A BACK UP BOW!) and I'm always fighting cam lean with the damn thing.

And don't feel bad... I can't spell either.... I don't know what doegirl is talking about with spell check... I don't see anything like that on my screen. :(
Spell check icon is located on the second toolbar above the text screen-last one on the right.:D

Doegirl75 06-04-2008 07:39 AM

ORIGINAL: nodog

Sounds like your getting a load of crap which, from my years of dealing with "pro shops" isn't an unusual thing.

The very best thing you can do is become your own pro shop and figure out why the problem is happening.

I agree. A single brass nock is not going to overwhelm a string[&:]. Honestly, if you can return the bow and get a refund, do so. Run and don't look back. Take your money somewhere else with a little more competent service.

jasuz61 06-04-2008 12:17 PM

Where did you find the time to break your bow???

Ben / PA 06-04-2008 12:43 PM

I say again....in the beginning of this thread it was tomkat, tomkat, tomkat.......why don't you follow the doegals advice and get your money and get to a better store that sells them.

killzonearchery 06-04-2008 05:08 PM

I would but he gave me a mathew for the same price that i paid for my truth. He would not refund money. I told him as soon as i was leaveing that he had just lost 3 customers. My whole family shops there and no we will go somwhere else.

switchbackXT_shooter 06-10-2008 01:47 PM

I have a truth (1st year) and its camo paint is comeing off the limbs. pro shop placed the order for new limbs imediatly around september of 07 and I still have not gotten me limbs!!![:@][:@][:'(][:'(][:'(][>:][>:]