Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 String supressors?? >

String supressors??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

String supressors??

Old 06-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: String supressors??

ORIGINAL: Old/New

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Watch slow motion video. The Arrow is not off the string at BH without a Suppressor. Some claim that the arrow leaves the string at the same point every time with a suppressor installed making the shot more consistent.

Not so without one!

Dan

I agree. The STS has the potential for providing more consistancy therefore better acuracy though that is probably difficult to measure.

Some also say since the string does not stay with the arrow as long it could help with any "blip" you make. The down side is because of the same reason you could lose a tad bit of speed (though some say they measured and foundno appreciable difference).
I have Too Much Feedback from guys saying their shooting has improved just to ignore that possibility.

I said "Some Claim"

Because I know on the forums several will argue about anything so I didn't want to make any definite statements without Lab reports to back it up!![8D]

Dan
Old 06-04-2008, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am sorry...I was not try to fight a battle nor say that this product was not to what you say it is. I am just simply curious,that is all,nothing more...I am sorry if I offended you,this was not my goal. I was just trying to understand the product a bit more.

you say that many claim that there shooting has improved, do you think it is what was said above about helping the possible "blip"??

Old 06-05-2008, 10:59 AM
Spike

Bowtecben, what bow is that supressor on? Is that your 101?
Old 06-05-2008, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: y2khog

Bowtecben, what bow is that supressor on? Is that your 101?
Yes sir, that is a Mean V suppressor on my 2008 101st in the Max 4 Camo....Dan dips his suppressors to match and I sound like a broken record but "every time that I buy a boy, Dan will get an order from me." I know the 101 has one on there factory, but its right up where all the action is....I took it off and got a Mean V, I love the way they look, feel(lt wt), and just plain work.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:58 PM
Spike

Ben, no issues with removing the roller? It looks like it would wear the paint off pretty quick as well as add some friction.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ben, no issues with removing the roller? It looks like it would wear the paint off pretty quick as well as add some friction.
You don't remove the Roller guard. Ben put his MeanV on the lower mount hole

Dan
Old 06-05-2008, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

You don't remove the Roller guard. Ben put his MeanV on the lower mount hole

Dan
I removed the factory suppressor which is attached to the roller. And yes I put the Mean V in the lower mount hole. Love this set up....I also loved the Mean V on the Commander that I had too.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:38 PM
Spike

Seems like that would make the bow a little bottom heavy during the shot. Kinda like having the tiller out of adjustment. Just trying to learn, been out of it for about 15yrs.
Thanks
Old 06-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Typical Buck

For the record I have Dan's string supressor on my Liberty. I think it's made quite a difference!

Correction...I know it's made quite a difference. I just like to mention what others say about SSTs in general.