Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 String supressors?? >

String supressors??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

String supressors??

Old 05-30-2008, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: String supressors??

They work, definately not a gimmick. They may not be a neccesity but once you use one you'll never want to be without.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: String suppressors??

String Suppressors work very well. I don't use any silencers or leaches on my string anymore just the string suppressor.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: String suppressors??

I do not have any string suppressors on my ross 337but I purchased a crossbow this year and found out that a crossbow is very loud. So I purchased a STSfor my excalibur phoenixand can say it was one of my best investments that I made for a piece of archery equipment. i have thought about putting one on my ross but it is pretty quiet the way it is set up.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:41 PM
Spike

Dan,

So let's say I want to get one. I shoot a Reflex Ridgeline 32. It does not have a rear facing threaded stabilizer bushing. Also, there is a Rizer Shox vibration dampener right onthe side of the riser where the front mount string suppressor would go around the riser. Do you havea model that will work on this bow? If so, is it asking too much to get itin Realtree APG HD camo? Thanks.

Quakklz

Old 05-31-2008, 07:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Quakklz

Dan,

So let's say I want to get one. I shoot a Reflex Ridgeline 32. It does not have a rear facing threaded stabilizer bushing. Also, there is a Rizer Shox vibration dampener right onthe side of the riser where the front mount string suppressor would go around the riser. Do you havea model that will work on this bow? If so, is it asking too much to get itin Realtree APG HD camo? Thanks.

Quakklz

You might have to remove the Riser shok. I can get front mounts in APG-HD. It just takes a little longer.

Dan
Old 06-01-2008, 07:44 AM
Host of Hosts

The Marquis is Hardwoods Grey I didn't see that color on the website
Old 06-01-2008, 08:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PABuck_HNTR

The Marquis is Hardwoods Grey I didn't see that color on the website
HD Hardwoods is it.

Dan
Old 06-03-2008, 05:09 PM
Spike

So, ifI understand this correctly, shouldI install a Mean V or STS I can get rid of the String Shox from my string as it would make them unecessary? Yes or No?

Quakklz
Old 06-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Quakklz

So, ifI understand this correctly, shouldI install a Mean V or STS I can get rid of the String Shox from my string as it would make them unecessary? Yes or No?

Quakklz
Most people who use a string suppressor will take off their string silencers with No ill effects.

Dan
Old 06-03-2008, 05:52 PM
Spike

Dan,

I appreciate your quick responses &enlightening information. I see on your sight you need measurements for the rear bushing mounted Mean V. Do you need measurements for the front mounted suppressors, as it looks as thought they are adjustable? Also, you mentioned extra cost for the APG HD camo. I am interested.... how much more?

Quakklz

Quick Reply: String supressors??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.