Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 grip on my bow propblem >

grip on my bow propblem

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

grip on my bow propblem

Old 05-29-2008, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default grip on my bow propblem

OK, I just bought a new truth 2. I love the way that it shots and how quiet it is.BUt there is one probem with it. I can only shoot about 15 arrows then my hand hurts from holding the bow.Is there anyway that i can put somthing on it to somthing to make it stop hurting my hand?
Old 05-29-2008, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: grip on my bow propblem

Do a search on GRIP or SHOOTING FORM. Your hand should not hurt from gripping the bow because you should not grip a bow at all. Gripping is reserved for longbows.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:13 PM

I've never had a problem with gripping my Truth 2. Grip feels good. Maybe take some pictures of how you are holding it, so others can give pointers on what might be wrong.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

At full draw your grip is generally more for forward support rather than stabilization and hold
Old 05-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to hold my bow becuase i dont like the way ift feels if i dont. But i mean i have a loose grip is just like i dont like how slim it is. I would like on e that is fatter.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:19 AM

ORIGINAL: killzonearchery

I have to hold my bow becuase i dont like the way ift feels if i dont. But i mean i have a loose grip is just like i dont like how slim it is. I would like on e that is fatter.
Everyone has different preferences. I prefer the feel of a thinner, smaller grip. Thinner grips are supposed to help reduce bow torque. Maybe more practice would make it more comfortable for you.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

In general you want a slim grip. The less contact the human has with the bow the better. Human error is the main reason bows don't shoot well.

The fatter the grip the more chance there is to torque it. Take a look at some of the best shooters there are. Many of them remove the grip all together just for that reason and just shoot off the riser.

If it doesn't feel good give it more time. Get your brain concentrating on aiming and forget the grip In time you'll adjust to it.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

It aint that i dont like it, its just that it hurts. I cant stand shooitng as much as u did befor this bow. But ill give it more time and ca nd if i still dont like it im goin to have to find a new grip.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

You may want to check out www.torqueless.com , they make nice grips for many bows. They are very nice people to deal with as well.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: killzonearchery

I have to hold my bow becuase i dont like the way ift feels if i dont.
You should have bought a different bow then.

Quick Reply: grip on my bow propblem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.