Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 drop away arrow rests? >

drop away arrow rests?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

drop away arrow rests?

Old 02-25-2003, 01:45 PM

Default drop away arrow rests?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of these arrow rests?
What are some of the better ones to choose from?

Old 02-25-2003, 01:59 PM

Default RE: drop away arrow rests?

Advantages: Can use a hard helical with small carbons, less chance of fletch contact with any shaft, some reduction in torque, can be more forgiving due to the reduction.

Disadvantages: adding something else that could go wrong such as the cord coming loose, etc. Some models might have a little more noise, take a little more time to get setup with the timing, etc.

Some Good models: I like the Golden Premier Fall Away for targets & 3-D, The Mirage or Power Drop for hunting. Some other good models that have a strong following but I have not tried are the Trophy Taker, Muzzy Zero Affect, and the new Mathews Fall Aways.

I' ll be more than glad to help you out with any questions you have on the Golden Key Futura products. just send me a PM or e-mail, also go to www.goldenkeyarchery.com

Old 02-25-2003, 02:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

The biggest advantage for me is to be able to get away with having four helical fletches on an arrow without a bit of clearence problems. I like using fixed bladed braodheads, and this combo works very well for me. I also like my Golden Key Premier Drop Away. I use it for both target and hunting. Never had a problem with it. This model gives you all of the adjustability of a regular Premier, but will also LOCK in the up position when you draw. The arrow DOES NOT rise with the draw. Then while you are at full draw, it unlocks itself, and drops away when you release.
Old 02-25-2003, 04:22 PM
Typical Buck

No contact with arrow shortly after releasing means much improved accuracy and mine is SUPER QUIET.