Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 paper tune pics, whatdya think? >

paper tune pics, whatdya think?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

paper tune pics, whatdya think?

Old 05-21-2008, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: paper tune pics, whatdya think?

Nocking point up or rest down, whichever is easier. Keep in mind about broadhead clearance with the shelf.

Something I learned a long time ago. Always make your vertical adjustments first.

Are you using Easton's Tuning Guide? If so read the next to last paragraph at the bottom of page 13. Your right tear should mean a stiff arrow, but release shooters may get an opposite reading. Don't ask why, but it happens to me, proving that nothing is written in stone.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: paper tune pics, whatdya think?

Update. Finally got to shoot outside. Had to first move my sight over because of the rest being moved. Got fletched field points stacking up at 10. Then shot unfletched and it was about 1/2" off. Pretty good I thought. Moved out to 20 with same results, unfletched off by about a inch. Screwed on a brand new G5 stryker, and right thru the X first shot! I never bothered to address the point high tear, yet. I will be doing more experimenting but I'm almost afraid to mess with it, you guys got me REAL close to where I wanna be. I will be shooting it out to 40 or 50 just to see how good it is, but as it is I cant thanks you guys enough for all the help.

John