Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 The Lowly Bowstring:  What a Critical Component >

The Lowly Bowstring: What a Critical Component

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

The Lowly Bowstring: What a Critical Component

Old 05-15-2008, 07:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: The Lowly Bowstring: What a Critical Component

I'm a fan of 452x cables and 8125 string. That's what I have on my Shark X and it works tremendously.

The string doesn't hold NEARLY as much tension as the cables. The cables are the MOST important part when it comes to lack of creep. With 452x cables and 8125 string, you don't lose speed and gain stability.

What makes 452x and 450 plus so special is that it's blended with Vectran. Vectran is REALLY strong and has no creep at all, but where it doesn't give at all, it breaks easily. That's why you can't make strings and cables out of nothing but Vectran. That's why the Dyneema and Vectran build is soo stable, it's all in the Vectran....
Old 05-16-2008, 04:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've also been shooting Nathan Brooks strings as well. I forgot to add that last night.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:18 PM

You are referring to 8125(BCY Product) but Brownell make a similar material that does basically the same thing!! 8125 thought Less Stable After the Right amount of Stretching will Stabilize fairly good, and Yes the Building of the String is a Very important Factor in it too!! We do use 8125 on a regular basis......But alot of times we Recommend doing your Cables in BCY 452X(No stretch material)(plus BCY is whos material we use) But we Recommend 452X Cables and sometimes 8125 Strings (for those of you who do want that Extra couple of FPS. The 452X Keeps the Cams Rotating the proper amount while the 8125 adds the Extra Speed!! All of our bows are set this way!!

www.Rocksolidstrings.com

Just saw the Second Page and Matt Seems to be on the same Track that we are!!