HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   New Arrows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/245216-new-arrows.html)

Breachin 05-07-2008 10:51 AM

New Arrows

So I have 25" pull and I'm not sure what broadheads to get or arrows. I'm currently leaning on the Muzzy Phantom broadhead, but I'm not sure if it will hinder my accuracy. Such a small arrow with such a big broadhead could indeed hinder it. So does anyone have opinions on what broadheads will work?

The redheads are good practice arrows but I'm not sure if its a good arrow for actually hunting. If anyone has a good setup for a 25'' pull let me know. Please state why you believe so as well. Thanks alot

Breach

brucelanthier 05-07-2008 11:13 AM

RE: New Arrows

If your bow and arrow are tuned correctly together just about any broadhead should work quite well.

What bow? Draw weight?

Breachin 05-07-2008 11:39 AM

Well this is my first bow and I just got it 4 days ago. Its a Reflex Excursion I have it set on 50llbs right now because I don't want to tire my arm out but I will be shooting at 65llbs this hunting season.

Breachin 05-07-2008 03:50 PM

any suggetions?

Austin/WI 05-07-2008 08:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Breachin

any suggetions?
Right now I shoot 125 gr Slick Trick Magnums, they fly real well and they are one of the "micro" broadheads that are realy popular right now. To be honest, a well tuned setup should be able to shoot just about any kind BH. If you're worried about the BH changing flight patterns, maybe look at a mechanical BH like the Rage 2.

Roskoe 05-07-2008 08:19 PM

The difference between 50 and 65 lbs. in draw weight is most likely going to require moving up to a stiffer shaft arrow - although I suppose you could go to a much lighter head or possibly cut the arrow shorter. Did you buy a 60/70 lb. bow and turn it down to 50?

drenal 05-07-2008 08:42 PM

breachin pm me i got 11 acc 3-49 arrows 9brand new cut at like 25 1/2 that i been trying to get rid off with field tips for like 6 of them 100 gr and 3 brand new rage 2 blade heads with a practice head that are yours free if you pay shipping if that is possible.(maybe set up something like you mail me a money order for what ever the shipping cost will be and the rest is free)
hows that for getting you set up

fillae 05-08-2008 07:48 AM

There is a big difference between 50 and 65 lbs and what type of arrow you need. If you only want to buy one arrow, I would set it up as if you are shooting 65 lbs. You will be over-spined shooting at 50 lbs, but that would be better than being under-spined at 65 lbs. At your draw I would think you will be in the 400 spine area. Once you pick the right spine and the right arrow length, any broadhead should work. Just remember if you tune your bow at 50 lbs with those arrows, you will need to re-tune at 65 lbs.