HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Fletching problem (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/244569-fletching-problem.html)

nevadadm 05-01-2008 09:40 AM

Fletching problem

I am having trouble fletching blazer vanes. My Arizona III doesn't seem to apply enough pressure to one side of the vane. Maybe the glue.Any suggestions?
Thanks
dm

early in 05-01-2008 09:44 AM

RE: Fletching problem

Get a Bitz.:D

maliburacing 05-01-2008 07:55 PM

I have heard of alot of problems with this and I too am having it with my jig. Cant get one side to fully seat to my FMJs. Apparently the new blazers are made differently and alot of people are having this problem with any style of jig. There is a groove down the center of the vane now and from what I have read its causing the problem. This is just what I heard though.

nevadadm 05-01-2008 08:23 PM

The problem i've had is all on the left side as you look down from the nock end. Hopefully someone will have the answer. If it's buying a Bitz, i'd like some feedback on some success stories. Thanks, now I don't feel alone.

Talon1961 05-03-2008 08:25 PM

I quit using blazers and started using the VaneTec HP 2". Exact same profile as the blazer but they adhere to the shaft MUCH better. They are also a little lighter at 5 gr. each and seem to be more durable.

Roskoe 05-04-2008 07:06 PM

Blitzenburger.

marcusjb 05-05-2008 08:30 AM

I use them and had some trouble in the past, but now they are sticking great. Make sure your arrow has not glue residue on it from any past fletch. Use some scotch brite to rough it up a bit. Clean the arrow with alcohol or some other cleaner made for the purpose. Don't clean the vanes themselves. I use loctite gel super glue and it works wonderful. This has worked for me. I use an Arizona EZ fletch.

buckmaster1989 05-05-2008 12:17 PM

get a blitz

Soilarch 05-05-2008 11:47 PM

I have no experience with the Arizona or the "new" blazers. Apparently I stocked up right before they changed/introduced the "new" ones.

I use a Jo-Jan (cheaper and not as adjustable as a blizt...but still all metal and same basic design) Blazers and recently switched to Loctite Ulra Gel (Superglue...but "Superglue" is too generic. They are different).

I've never had a problem. I used Bohnings Platinum for a long time. I'll never go back. Buy some Loctite Ultra Gel (Black or grey container with blue 'wings') and try it first since it's a $2.90 proposition. Then try finding alternative vanes. A $20 proposition.

(Tthere a LOT of Blazer alternatives out there now. Flex-Fletch Flash, AAE max hunter, Duravane Predators are a few that many guys are liking...preferring even...to the blazers over at "AT".)

Then you can go get a Jo-Jan or Blitz if you want. I don't regret my jo-jan or not. I can put more helical on my blazers than the shop can. (I told them "as much as possible"). But I'll spring for blitz next time. I was poor then, still poor now (college) and I ran across the jo-jan used.

wis_bow_huntr 05-06-2008 05:42 AM

Gorilla Glue!!!!