Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Best Bow?

Old 04-30-2008, 02:07 AM

Default Best Bow?

Being new to bowhunting what would be the best starter bow I could buy? any help would be good thanks
Old 04-30-2008, 03:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Best Bow?

Jim,
There are many GOOD starter bows on the market. I think for your $$$$, something like a Bear Lights Out or PSE Brute are both moderately quick, yet forgiving type set-ups. Do up the peripheral however you like, and you've got yourself what should be a good shooting bow. Check out Hunter's Friend website ( www.huntersfriend.com ) they have some pretty good reading material there.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

For a starter bow i would look and the Bowtech Tomkat or Diamond The Rock or Justice.
Justice: www.diamondarchery.com/justice.php
The Rock: www.diamondarchery.com/the_rock.php
Tomkat: http://bowtecharchery.com/tomkat.php
Old 04-30-2008, 09:57 AM

all bow companys these days have a good starter bow...hoyt,pse,bowtech,bear,parker and many more.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:03 PM

ORIGINAL: whitetailbowhunter

For a starter bow i would look and the Bowtech Tomkat or Diamond The Rock or Justice.
Tomkat:http://bowtecharchery.com/tomkat.php
Old 04-30-2008, 01:13 PM

ORIGINAL: nvshooter

Tomkat:http://bowtecharchery.com/tomkat.php
X3
Old 04-30-2008, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tomkat: http://bowtecharchery.com/tomkat.php
x4....
but in all reality, hunterfriend is a great website. i did a lot of research on that page before I decided on the Tomkat to start. As I'm sure may of the guys will tell ya, just do some research and shoot as many bows as you can to find which one suits you the best. Good luck!
Old 04-30-2008, 04:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mathews Drenalin, not DXT, get one!

Other guys may say other brands.....they're lying to you because they got stuck with some other junker and don't want to admit it to themselves that Mathews clearly is the best!

Also you can save some cash, but chances are you'll become an addict, so with that in mind you may want to buy the Drenalin from Mathews, rather than a cheaper Mathews......though if you do get a cheaper one....

Get a Classic or Switchback.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:14 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: salukipv1

Mathews Drenalin, not DXT, get one!

Other guys may say other brands.....they're lying to you because they got stuck with some other junker and don't want to admit it to themselves that Mathews clearly is the best!

Also you can save some cash, but chances are you'll become an addict, so with that in mind you may want to buy the Drenalin from Mathews, rather than a cheaper Mathews......though if you do get a cheaper one....

Get a Classic or Switchback.
In bowhunting you are going to hear people trying to tell you that there is only one bow that you should get and it is the best like the post above. There are a lot of satisfied Mathews customers but there bows feel terrible to me when I hold and shoot them. Make sure that you shoot a few bows and find something that you like before putting your money on the table. There is nothing worse than paying good money and hating the bow you bought.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:28 PM

Starter bow, there are many good ones. Some of my favs would be: PSE Brute and Stinger, and theMartin Bengal. All 3 have a great bang for the buck factor, and are backed by great companies. You don't need to spend a fortune to get a great bow, and all 3 of these bows prove it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.