Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Silencing the 82nd? >

Silencing the 82nd?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Silencing the 82nd?

Old 04-27-2008, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default Silencing the 82nd?

I have a Bowtech 82nd airborne on order, and was wondering what is the best choice for silencing it?

Should I go for the Bowtech hush kit (which is asthetically a bit ugly) or Limbsavers and string chubs?

What are the pros and cons of each choice?
Old 04-27-2008, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Silencing the 82nd?

Best way to make it quiet is don't get it!!!! LOL Just kidding, I think you'll do fine with the limb savers and chubs. My friend has one and it is not noisy....
Old 04-27-2008, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think noise will be a problem. If it is You might want to add a Mean V suppressor.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:10 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks

I will give it a go before I put any silencing stuff on it.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:09 AM
Fork Horn

I think you will be suprised how quiet it is. I have heard that you can adjust the short stop to change the noise a bit. I only had mine for 2 days and it had to be sent back becauseit was shipped with a broken riser, so I did not get to mess with it much.My new one (#2) will be here tommorrow!
Old 04-28-2008, 05:53 AM

How many string suppressors are enough?...Bob
Old 04-28-2008, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

When i shot it, it was very quiet. But if you wanted to quiet it more i would try limbsavers and some sort of silencer for the string.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:30 PM

This bow was the biggest waist of my money and time! I can't believe Bowtech is still pushing this bow as being one of their best! I highly disagree! Since Feb. 1st to today April 29th, I have yet to shoot any 3-D courses or turkey hunt with it cause I have had nothing but problems out of it! Junk!!!!!!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 09:35 PM
Fork Horn

AWW MAN! I dont want to hear that now I have ordered it![:@]

What problems did you have with it?
Was there something technically you had trouble with or do you have trouble getting accuracy out of it?
Old 04-29-2008, 09:48 PM

Out of the box, this thing wouldn't tune with a Gold tip Big game 100, Carbon Express CX400, Carbon Express Terminator Hunters 60/75 or a Maxima arrow. I found out the cams started to buckle under all the energy. They told me my bow was dry fired! No way! Sent it to Bowtech, they changed the cams and limbs. Got it back, still wouldn't tune through paper or flight. Meaning, my Trophy Ridge Drop Zone rest had my arrow 1/8" from the inside of my riser and I still had about a 1 inch tear. I then noticed on my new limbs by the word "Airborne" my limb was cracked. I sent it back to the factory and they replaced everything this time but the riser. The bow still won't tune! I am selling it now. Want a great deal on a bow that has Viper Sights and loaded? Ha Ha Ha. I have shot five different Mathews, and this is my third Bowtech. This bow sucks. The Binary Cam system is nothing but problems. When you get yours, at let down, look at the upper cam, it will be canted to the right because of all the tension from the cables, and then at full draw, look up at it, it will be WAY canted to the right. These bows are under manufactured. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Silencing the 82nd?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.