Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Silencing the 82nd? >

Silencing the 82nd?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Silencing the 82nd?

Old 04-29-2008, 09:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Silencing the 82nd?

I will definitely check that out when it gets here.

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:01 AM

all bow companys make a bad bow here and there...don't worry your bow should be fine..if not there fix it....
Old 04-30-2008, 06:42 PM
Fork Horn

I love mine & it shoots bullet holes!!!
Old 04-30-2008, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah man dont be worried. i shot a 3d with my general (which i love) this weekend and i saw 4or5 guys shooting the 82nd and 101st and both seemed very well. they were all shooting open class and they are very good archers. all seemed to like them very well, and shot good with them.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: DirtDart82nd

Out of the box, this thing wouldn't tune with a Gold tip Big game 100, Carbon Express CX400, Carbon Express Terminator Hunters 60/75 or a Maxima arrow. I found out the cams started to buckle under all the energy. They told me my bow was dry fired! No way! Sent it to Bowtech, they changed the cams and limbs. Got it back, still wouldn't tune through paper or flight. Meaning, my Trophy Ridge Drop Zone rest had my arrow 1/8" from the inside of my riser and I still had about a 1 inch tear. I then noticed on my new limbs by the word "Airborne" my limb was cracked. I sent it back to the factory and they replaced everything this time but the riser. The bow still won't tune! I am selling it now. Want a great deal on a bow that has Viper Sights and loaded? Ha Ha Ha. I have shot five different Mathews, and this is my third Bowtech. This bow sucks. The Binary Cam system is nothing but problems. When you get yours, at let down, look at the upper cam, it will be canted to the right because of all the tension from the cables, and then at full draw, look up at it, it will be WAY canted to the right. These bows are under manufactured. Good luck!
I find it hard to believe that all the guys on this site that shoot the 82nd and you arethe only one who can't get it to tune.Maybe you did get a lemon I know it happens,but if bowtech replaced everything ,limbs and riser maybe it is something you are doing wrong.I'm not busting your chops ,just curious is all.I wish ou would take it to the pro_shop and maybe put our head together with a good bow guy,maybe together yall could figure out the problem.then get back on here and let us know what it was.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

^agreed^ but hey if you are tired of fooling with it i dont blame ya. start over with something different. nothing could really be worse if its as bad asyou explain. stuff like that kills me. i would have probably tore up the bow myself by now if i was you.