Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

blazers

Old 04-22-2008, 11:11 AM
Typical Buck

Default blazers

ok, it might look a little late to ask such a question, since I've been shooting and glueing blazers for about 6 months now.....but here it goes;

I'm shooting fmj's or easton axis and I try to have a little right offset but sometimes the base of the vane doesn't stick all the way to the shaft, mostly the back end of the blazer. If I use goattuff glue it actually makes the gap between the vane and the arrow wider, I tried using less glue and that helps stick it better but then it doesn't last as long as using enough glue but that prevents the vane from sticking in place...

I hope somebody has a neat treat to solve this.

I am using a bitz and goattuff glue.

Frank
Old 04-22-2008, 12:28 PM

Default RE: blazers

I use the same jig and glue. The smaller shafts are tough to get the blazer to bend to and get both ends to lay flat. I have had to hold my finger on the end that want to rise up while in the jig to get more contact with the shaft. You can count to 20 and it usually is fine after that. And like the instruction most have I always put a dab of glue on the ends of the blazer to be sure they stay put longer.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:18 PM

I'm using the same jig as well - Blitz with right helical. With careful adjustment of the ends of the clamp, you can get full complete contact with no finger tweaking necessary. It takes a little more timethan setting the jig up forlarger diameter shafts, but it can be done.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Roskoe

I'm using the same jig as well - Blitz with right helical. With careful adjustment of the ends of the clamp, you can get full complete contact with no finger tweaking necessary. It takes a little more timethan setting the jig up forlarger diameter shafts, but it can be done.
X2 , I also use right helical with blazers on my ACC's ... granted it takes a bit more time to set-up the jig , but i do get full contact at both ends .
Old 04-22-2008, 05:32 PM
Typical Buck

I use an arizona EZ Fletch with Super Glue Gel .I havn't had a problem doing it this way ----- yet .
Old 04-22-2008, 06:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Bailsuk

ORIGINAL: Roskoe

X2 , I also use right helical with blazers on my ACC's ... granted it takes a bit more time to set-up the jig , but i do get full contact at both ends .
X3 Although I have always preferred conventional glue. I now use Fletch Tite Platinum.

Dan
Old 04-22-2008, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

To be honest i use Loctite Instant adhesive gel and ive not lost a fletch yet and i've had arrows go through my target , but still not lost a fletch ( it happens when you shoot an X-Force ) .
Old 04-23-2008, 09:07 AM
Typical Buck

if I glue my blazers with goattuff they stay on the shaft, I just notice the arrows where the base of the vane isn't completely glued on the shaft, they don't fly the same path as my other arrows......

I am using a straight clamp, would a helical clamp help solvingmy problem ?

F.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

A helical clamp should make things much easier for you. Fletching offset with a straight clamp is one thing, but you're trying to use a straight edge (straight clamp) to glue to a curved surface (helical).

I use the Bitzenburger jig, helical clamp and Goat Tuff forfletchingBlazers on mydaughter's youth arrows, and I don't have trouble setting it up.

I will say one thing about Goat Tuff, though... I don't use it to glue directly to the shafts any longer. I only use it to glue to wraps. It's great stuff, it sets fast and holds well, but when it's time to re-fletch, I've boogered quite a few carbon shafts trying to get that stuff off... even with a Zip Strip. Bohning Fletch Tite Platinum takes longer to set.... especially with feathers... but it strips off a lot easier when the time comes.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:15 AM
Typical Buck

little chief, thx for the answer, I have the same mixed feeling about goattuff, it's time to get me some wraps....my axis arrows are stripped of their paint.....

I'm getting a helical clamp

F.

Quick Reply: blazers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.