Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Peep sight movement? >

Peep sight movement?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Peep sight movement?

Old 04-15-2008, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Peep sight movement?

ORIGINAL: archer125

Is that a new string, or is it just the first time you have used a tubeless peep on that bow?
Yes, this is a new string and yes this is the first time I used a tubeless peep on this bow.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:27 AM
Typical Buck

This is how I tie mine in, after string is stretched and peep alignment is worked out. It won't budge after tied like this. (Hopefully the picture will open for you to see)

Old 04-15-2008, 08:48 AM
Fork Horn

Tie the peep in as shown, and then you will need to get your new string shot in. Typically this is pretty quick with a Winners Choice. Once the string is shot in , then you will need to twist the string until you get proper peep alignment, so the peep comes straight back and stays in that orientation after each shot.
It is usually just minor trial and error with a new string, but once set the Winners Choice are good about holding proper orientation.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 8pt~Bowhunter

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

Who made the string. IMO and from experience I'd say it doesn't have enough twists in it. Most of the better ones I've seen have a complete twist in 1 1/2" of string length..

Try checking the bow's axle to axle length and compare to specs. If it's long then you may be able to add about ten twists to the string. This might help stabilize it and get rid of the peep rotation. The twisting will make the draw a hair shorter and drop the poundage a little. To remedy this you add a few twists to the cables.
My bow is a Parker Ultra Lite 31.
The bow string is: Winner's Choice 84 3/16 BCY8125 & XS Braid Center serving.

I measured the axle to axle length and came up with 31 1/8.

When I pull back my bow, the peep sight doesn't move at all. It has no twist to it. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

OK, now I understand better. Sounds like you have a good string there. WC's are one of the best. The only thing I see is it appears that the peep is facing the wrong way. Change this and serve it in as recommended by the others. This might change the orientation of the peep a bit in which case you'll have add or subtract a 1/2 twist (maybe). So long as the peep is not rotating as you draw the bow it's just a matter of getting it set in the right position. You're in like flint, buddy.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:52 PM
Typical Buck

Here is another way to tie in a peep by Specialty Archerythat works really well. Just make sure before you tie it in that it is exactly where you want it because it cannot be moved without cutting the ties off the peep. scroll halfway down and there is a video showing how it is done
http://www.specialtyarch.com/faqs.asp
Old 04-15-2008, 10:30 PM
Fork Horn

I think a little serving above and below is good but with my experience the meta is good either way serving or not.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:31 PM

is it me or is this a left handed bow which is upside down when the pic was taken? that would explain why it looks backwards to some. anyways, i would tie that baby inwith n chance of movement.....i don't like taking a chance with anything moving on my sights.